Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Can a Non-Custodial Parent Sign a Chid Up for Activities

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: IN
    We had court and he didn't get custody. But now he judge is giving him more time than he originally had. He also is talking about eventually making me do joint physical custody. My son's dad wants to sign my son up for soccer in his town, he says it's only one day a week and that'd it'd be on his visitation day anyways. He has our son Wednesday for 2 overnights each week. He wants him in soccer which is Wednesday's and preschool which is Thursday mornings for 4 hours. He has joint legal custody. But the court order doesn't say anything about him signing my son up for stuff. He said he's allowed to since it takes place during his visitation time. He said I'm welcome to go to these games and stuff but their 2 hours away and I don't have a car or license. Is he allowed to sign my son up for this stuff?

Default Re: Can My Sons Dad Sign Him Up for Activities

if he has joint legal custody and there is nothing in the court's order precluding him from registering your son for activities, the father can do just that. It doesn't mean you have to give up your time to allow the child to attend any of the associated activities but if they are on dad's time, there is nothing you can do about it.

Quote Quoting BrittneyD1234567
    View Post
    the court order doesn't say anything about him signing my son up for stuff.
    Doesn't say he can't.

View Post
    He said he's allowed to since it takes place during his visitation time.
    He's right.

View Post
    Is he allowed to sign my son up for this stuff?
    Yes.

Is the Dad making the kid happy really something you want to fight about?

Let it go and don't become one of those horrible vengeful exes that get hostile over every little thing.

View Post
    We had court and he didn't get custody. But now he judge is giving him more time than he originally had. He also is talking about eventually making me do joint physical custody. My son's dad wants to sign my son up for soccer in his town, he says it's only one day a week and that'd it'd be on his visitation day anyways. He has our son Wednesday for 2 overnights each week. He wants him in soccer which is Wednesday's and preschool which is Thursday mornings for 4 hours. He has joint legal custody. But the court order doesn't say anything about him signing my son up for stuff. He said he's allowed to since it takes place during his visitation time. He said I'm welcome to go to these games and stuff but their 2 hours away and I don't have a car or license. Is he allowed to sign my son up for this stuff?
    Yes, he is allowed to do that. Keep in mind something. With the two of you living 2 hours apart a 50/50 timeshare will NOT work once he starts Kindergarten. Therefore if you ever agree to a 50/50 timeshare you will end up in a battle over primary custody once your child starts regular school. Indiana judges generally won't order a 50/50 timeshare unless both parents agree to it.

He wants to homeschool after preschool or possibly wait until after kindergarten. I sorta agreed to it. But it's not in the court order cuz he's so young still. But if my son's dad signs him up for stuff down there including preschool wouldn't he be able to use that to get custody??? Since my son would already be in school down there wouldn't he be able to use that to get custody? That's mostly what I'm worried about. Him saying that our son already goes to school there, has sports there, and that's where his friends are. Then the judge would think it'd be better to keep him in all that stuff instead of having him quit that stuff to stay with me.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Let it go and don't become one of those horrible vengeful exes that get hostile over every little thing.
    OP's posting history says a lot here.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    OP's posting history says a lot here.
    dang it i missed that.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    dang it i missed that.
    So did I...sigh.

Ooooooooooh yeah.

This one is a pure delight.

One of the posters you hope is trolling, or if not, you wish you could get hold of Dad... she should have custody of nothing more complex than a carrot.

- - - Updated - - -

View Post
    Honey, do you understand that the only reason you still have custody is because the court was walking the tight-rope because of the child's age?

Or, to spell it out: Expect Dad to get more and more time.

Default Re: Can a Non-Custodial Parent Sign a Chid Up for Activities

None of that answers my question. If his dad has him in preschool and soccer down there in his own town, then could that affect him getting custody in the future?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast