Default Can You Get a Real Estate License With a Misdemeanor Criminal Record

My question involves a professional license in the state of: California

Hello,

I recently passed my exam and sent off my application to the dre in California. I had a few misdemeanors when I was 20, Im 29 now. A few minor in possession of alcohol and a petty theft. I joined the Navy at 21 and served 4 years with an honorable discharge, also obtained a secret security clearance. Given that its been almost 10 years since I had these charges and that I served in the military honorably will the dre deny my license over these charges? I obviously was young and dumb and have not been in any trouble since. Thoughts?

Thank you

Default Re: Can You Get a Real Estate License With a Misdemeanor Criminal Record

Read this.

We have no way of telling you in advance the extent to which your criminal record is going to affect your application, as the DRE appears to have the discretion to issue the license despite the convictions. It would presumably consider available evidence of rehabilitation and reform. The DRE may be able to provide you with some guidance.

1. Sponsored Links