Default Neighbor is Hanging Items on My Fence and Leaning Things Over It

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Washington
    My home is located in King County in Seattle Washington basically in the city of Seattle.
    We owned a home in the Magnolia Neighborhood since 2000, I put up a nice cedar fence on top of my retaining wall which sits on my property. The people who owned the home next to me at the time were thrilled with it and I payed for everything including the time and labor to put it in place.
    In about 2006 a couple purchased the house and immediately became very terratorial even with the street parking where they would place their bumper against any car that was in their imaginary property line in the street (city property I believe). They since built a massive garage blocking 60 percent of out view, we offered money to just lower the roof by 2 feet and they ignored us and went right on up. They then built a house and designed it to be max width and height they could make it especilaly on our side of the lot blocking 100% view. I realize there is nothing I could do so I let it go, we stopped our planning to remodel our home and lost 30k in plans. Once again, not their fault, they were within rights.

Now they seen to enjoy leaning some dead Bamboo poles over my fence into us and the wind knocks them over and they keep placing them back aiming at our windows that used to be our water view. I find this offensive and childish and certainly not neighborly. Now they have also attached to my fence a huge blue blow up pontoon fishing float that sticks up 3 feet above my fence right outside my dining room windows next to the offensive Bamboo. My fence was not designed to hold weight and once again I completely believe this is just their offensive behavior to place it there as they built a 2 story garage to store their things.
    So what are my rights, I really do not like to speak to these people and if I did I know they would just ignore my request if I asked them to remove it. I searched for info and didn't find much except that it could be trespassing on my property by attaching and leaning things over my fence?
    What should I do, its making it frustrating to come home and see this every day.

Thank you

Default Re: Neighbor is Hanging Items on My Fence and Leaning Things Over It

Do you have a boundary survey showing that the wall/fence is entirely on your property? If you do, invest a few hundred dollars and have an attorney send them notice that they are trespassing and need to stop. I'm pretty sure your "property line" extends to the stratosphere, and they seem to be crossing that line.

Quote Quoting Catmad
    View Post
    Do you have a boundary survey showing that the wall/fence is entirely on your property? If you do, invest a few hundred dollars and have an attorney send them notice that they are trespassing and need to stop. I'm pretty sure your "property line" extends to the stratosphere, and they seem to be crossing that line.
    Good post.. Only nitpicking but in Washington State the Feds appear to take over jurisdiction above 83 feet. No fences above that height likely to be discussed here.

Nitpick away! That's how I learn, by my mistakes . I had just read another of your posts mentioning the same thing, so I will be better aware in the future. Thanks for keeping us informed.

1. Sponsored Links