Default Do I Need a Second Drivers License

I just moved part time to Texas from Florida, I plan to be here in the long term but I will also be living in Florida in that time. I will be buying a vehicle/motorcycle to drive only in texas and have a vehicle/motorcycle I drive only while in Florida. Do I need to get a drivers license?

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention that I will be Florida registered until 2022

Default Re: Do I Need a Second Drivers License

You can't have TWO licenses. When you get a new one in a state, that fact is relayed to the home state which is supposed to invalidate your old one. Wherever you maintain residency is where you have to obtain a license. How long you have to go on your existing license is 100% IMMATERIAL. If Texas considers you a resident there, you will be considered driving without a license if you don't obtain one of theirs.

I'll be 6 months in each city but I need to buy a car here in Texas and drive it here. What would my best option to be?

Your only option is to have a license issued by the state in which you are residing in.

PADriver13 - so I have to get my licenses fine like every couple of months? I live 50% of the time in both states and I'll be doing that for a few years

Quote Quoting Ashmore
    View Post
    PADriver13 - so I have to get my licenses fine like every couple of months? I live 50% of the time in both states and I'll be doing that for a few years
    That actually makes no sense. There are tons of retired people who live six months of the year in northern states and six months of the year in southern states and I can guarantee that none of them get a new driver's license every six months. You simply need to ask the DMV in Texas what you need to do. I am sure that there are plenty of retirees living there part time and they will be accustomed to answering the question.

1. Sponsored Links