Default Seeking Lawyer Recommendations For Orange County, California

I apologize if I am in the wrong forum - I am not sure where I should have posted this. If this post is inappropriate for the website altogether, please let me know - and I sincerely apologize if such is the case.

I am extremely poor, have had no contact with family since 1999, and am going to school entirely on loans and scholarship. I am seeking legal advice and possibly a lawyer if I can find a recommended lawyer I can afford on my meager budget. Thank you for reading my post and also for any recommendations/advice I receive.

Default Re: Seeking lawyer recommendations in Orange County, CA - petty theft misdemeanor

If you already have a court date that will be your arraignment on the charges. Which means they will call your name, and read off what you are charged with, you have a chance at that time to enter a plea. I'd suggest and the judge will probably do the same, that you plead not guilty. Ask the judge how to apply for a public defender, it's free. Then you can get advice from the PD and maybe get into a deferred program or something else like that. If you call a lawyers office anywhere in O.C. you'll pay through the nose, a PD is best at this point.

Default Re: Seeking lawyer recommendations in Orange County, CA - petty theft misdemeanor

From the information you've given, you probably can qualify for a public defender.

----------------------------------

Orange County Public Defender

Harbor Office

4601 Jamboree Road

Newport Beach, CA 92660

(949)476-4888

Nariya, that is for South Court, there are several more courts in Orange County but the poster should get the idea depending on the city he/she was cited in.

Quote Quoting PaulE
    View Post
    Nariya, that is for South Court, there are several more courts in Orange County but the poster should get the idea depending on the city he/she was cited in.
    Yes, and the link I provided will bring the poster to the Public defender sources.

PleaseEnlightenMe just needs to click on the "Orange County Public Defender Fee Payment Information for Clients" link (found close to the bottom).

1. Sponsored Links