Default What Will Happen if Somebody Reports Road Rage Behavior to the Police

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

I was headed home from work on a 5 lane highway, running in the #4 lane (second from the left). I see the vehicle up ahead isn't moving as fast as I am and that there is room between the front of his car and the rear of the next car in #5 lane. So I signal and switch left into the #5 lane at the same time I press the pedal down... Typical Cali driver in #4 lane speeds up to prevent me passing and then marches speed w the car in front of me, effectively boxing me in... No problem I depress gas pedal and allow #4 to move in from of me. At which time I switch back to #4 lane as this car is now moving the fastest, but as soon as I do that the guy brake checks me. I have just enough time and situational awareness to switch lanes to #3 and I easily pass him as he lays on the brakes. Watching him fade in my rearview for a second before fixing my attention ahead on the road... He soon comes flying up behind me, so I give him a mild tap on the brakes (I know I shouldn't have) and he gets alongside me, flipping me off and screaming (for all the good it does at 70mph)after this continues for a couple miles I start to get freaked out and concerned for my safety... I know I should have called police at that point but I just wasn't thinking clearly. I am trying to get away from him, cutting between traffic, making last minute turns etc but he stays right on me. So I exit the highway and he follows, I look over this time and he is on the phone (I assume w the police) I was able to give him the slip but he had ample opportunity to get my tag number and personal description. The vehicle I am driving is registered out of state so I know they can't show up to the house, do I have anything to be concerned about?

Default Re: Psycho Driver Reports Me to Police (I Think)

Nothing to worry about. No officer saw you do anything, and you were not pulled over. The likelihood of it going beyond nowhere is far, far, far remote unless he was himself a cop.

Default Re: Psycho Driver Reports Me to Police (I Think)

The other guy was the psycho driver?

Default Re: What Will Happen if Somebody Reports Road Rage Behavior to the Police

I have encountered situations where, following this type of report, the police follow up with the motorist to try to get their version of the story. In such an event, discretion is most often the better part of valor -- making a statement to the police is most likely going to substantiate the accusation and result in the issuance of a ticket.

1. Sponsored Links