Default Convicted of Driving Without Insurance Because I Couldn't Get the Insurance Card

i was driving my gfs car back in 9-14-04 when i was stopped by a IL state trooper and given a ticket for insurance which i knew she had. we didn't have the new insurance card at that time. well came time for court and we broke up and she left and hates my guts. i called the insurance company to get id cards and stuff and they told me no they couldn't release that to me had to be her. i tried contacting her but to no success. i finally had to go to court for the jury trial which i tried to extend and states attorney told me no for some reason. i pleaded guilty and was given court supervison then about a month later i got a letter from sec of state stating i needed to get sr22 cause of a manatory insurance violation and they would suspened my lic if i didn't get it on the 29th of july 05. i just got the proof yesterday finally somehow and took it to the drivers branch and they told me i had to options to get sr22 or get the court case vacated. i went to the courthouse and they told me i didn't have that option. i called sec of state only to speak to a mean old lady named elanor that told me i had to have insurance also that hers wouldn't cover me. i called back and talked to a nicer lady and she told me different that if the motion to vacate wouldn;t be allowed i would have to get sr22. anyone know the statue of limitations on this kind of stuff. i pleaded guilty to it in april 05. i wanted to apply for police depts but can't due to this. can anyone fill me in as to what to do instead of sr22.

Default Petition to Vacate

You have been told what you need to do - you need to bring a petition to vacate your conviction. Unfortunately, that's not the sort of thing where it's easy to draft your own legal forms. You would benefit from enlisting the assistance of a criminal defense lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links