Default How to Negotiate a Foreign Check Payable to Succession

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: oklahoma

Just needed to see what I need to do. Our late father passed away last year. He used to live in the states and then he moved to Canada. There was money left and he was under a curatorship. They sent us a check for the money. But the check was not addressed to any of his family, spouse and siblings. It just says for the succession of...so and so. I just need to know what to do for starters. He did not have a will.

Default Re: Family Lived in States, Father Had Lived in Canada, Left a Check but No Name on C

Quote Quoting hk3024
    View Post
    My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: oklahoma

Just needed to see what I need to do. Our late father passed away last year. He used to live in the states and then he moved to Canada. There was money left and he was under a curatorship. They sent us a check for the money. But the check was not addressed to any of his family, spouse and siblings. It just says for the succession of...so and so. I just need to know what to do for starters. He did not have a will.
    It looks like you might need to probate his estate. If you open an estate and an estate bank account the check should be able to be cashed.

1. Sponsored Links