Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Not at Fault, No License. What to Expect

Thanks. It's kinda what I figured. I thought that the fraud issue was a key element because I'm not sure that a company would knowingly insure a primary driver without a valid driver's license. If suspended after the policy was signed, sure, but before? Ouch! And, I was aware of named driver exclusions, so that's usually the first thing *I* ask when I hear of such things.

Thanks for the clarification.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    Thanks. It's kinda what I figured. I thought that the fraud issue was a key element because I'm not sure that a company would knowingly insure a primary driver without a valid driver's license. If suspended after the policy was signed, sure, but before? Ouch! And, I was aware of named driver exclusions, so that's usually the first thing *I* ask when I hear of such things.

Thanks for the clarification.
    A learner's permit is a valid driver license with regard to insurance. The underwriting and rates for young drivers contemplate either a learner's permit or a regular driver license.

Using the ACORD personal auto application (an industry standard form) as an example, note that it just asks for license number and nowhere on the application is there a distinction made between permit and license.

http://willinsure.net/uploads/Person...Appliction.pdf

Even the young driver questionnaire doesn't make that distinction and only asks "HAS YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE OR PERMIT EVER BEEN REVOKED OR SUSPENDED?"

http://www.averyinsurance.net/Forms/...stionnaire.pdf

Some insurance companies may have their own application forms or even do online applications but would likely require the same or similar information as on the ACORD forms.

So, the car was totaled (23+K in damages). We signed the car off & the insurance company has already written a check for an upwards of 25+. He stated I would have it within a week. Once I receive the check can I cash it? I'm meaning to say, it's a done deal? Should I wait?- because I don't believe they've received the police report or contacted the other insurance company yet. Or does that not matter since I was covered & the claim is done?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm not sure if I had posted this, but I'm 21 so I'm not sure if I am still considered a 'young driver'. However, I only have my permit & have never been licensed before. (family and extenuating circumstances)

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3