Default Are Lottery Messenger Services Legal in the USA

My question involves criminal law for the state of: CA

Are Online Lottery Messenger Services generally legal in the USA? I was reading an article online
    in which this developing industry is described. According to the article, "according to brokers currently operating in the field – the broker isn’t actually offering a wagering service, but merely providing access to an existing one, and, as such, does not need to be licensed or regulated." I am wondering if this has held up in the United States, or is simply something that is yet to be challenged legally. I have been unable to find any relevant information.

Default Re: Are Lottery Messenger Services Legal in the USA

Quote Quoting BouvierDog
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: CA

Are Online Lottery Messenger Services generally legal in the USA?
    You’d need to describe exactly what the “messenger service” does. But bear in mind if that if it’s a site that is a gateway to illegal gambling sites, it may be violating the law by acting as an accessory to illegal gambling. Anyone considering such a business really needs to discuss it with an attorney who pratices in the area of gaming law to ensure that the proposed business will not violate the gambling laws of any jurisdiction in which it operates.

Default Re: Are Lottery Messenger Services Legal in the USA

Federal Law: It's illegal to import or transport interstate by common carrier lottery tickets (18 USC 1301). It's illegal to MAIL lottery tickets (18 USC 1302). It's illegal to transport "gambling paraphernalia" by any means interstate (18 USC 1953).

California Law: Illegal to transfer lottery tickets 321PC.

1. Sponsored Links