Hybrid View

Default How to Keep a Sponsored Relative From Seeing My Revised I-864 and Tax Returns

Hello:

I had petitioned for my married sister for immigration visa about 12+ years ago. So, now I am the petitioner for all three of them, sister, husband, and their son. We are almost in the final phase, they will get an interview any time.'

NVC sent a letter that says, some info on my i864 are missing and need to be revised and now it has to be sent directly to the relative for who I have petitioned. They said it is too late to send the revised i864 to NVC and that it should be sent to the relative directly so they can take it to the interview when they are called in (which my happen in this month)

I would like to keep my income listed in i864 and my Tax Return transcripts confidential from the relative. I would not want any relative to see my income and my tax-return. Can someone advise, what are my options to keep this confidential?? NVC letter says do not send anything to them because this can delay the case. Is there any option, where I can still send this to the consulate in the destination country or directly so I do not need to send this to the relative? How do I ensure such confidential information is not compromised and out of my hand. Even though, this is my relative, no one needs to know the details of my income and my tax-returns. Please, please advise what options I have.

Default Re: How to Keep a Sponsored Relative From Seeing My Revised I-864 and Tax Returns

You can either choose to ignore the NVC and potentially delay the case, or you can trust your relative. If you provide your relative with a sealed envelope to hand over at the time of the interview, are they the type that will follow your instruction without trying to open the envelope to review its contents?

Default Re: How to Keep a Sponsored Relative From Seeing My Revised I-864 and Tax Returns

Thank you Mr. Knowitall. This is what I was thinking about. I was going to provide them a sealed envelope - however, given the "human nature" - I do not feel I should trust anyone to always do the right thing. That is why, i wanted an advise if there is someway to provide the paper directly to NVC or the consulate without delaying the case...

Accompany your relatives to the interview and turn over the documents yourself?

Your relatives will have access to the complete file eventually - if you can't trust the relatives, you may need to rethink your commitment before the petition is adjudicated.

Hello Mr. Knowitall - Thank you for your response. However, I cannot accompany my relative as I am in US and they are in another country.

Hello Dougmatique, I did not realize that the relative will have access to the complete file. It is not the question of not trusting - but our income and finances is quite confidential to us - and it should be kept that way. We can show it to the consulate to show we can support the relative, but actively showing my tax-returns to anyone - no - I would not expect that to happen. I appreciate your response.

I wish someone knows a way to keep this information confidential.

1. Sponsored Links