Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Mistreatment of a Child in CPS Custody

My question involves defamation in the state of: ok

I not sure this is the right thread but, my husband and I are looking for a hard nosed, fearless lawyer who is willing to sue dhs, child welfare. Long story, but our special needs daughter was taken by the state four months ago, based on outright lies from the intake worker. After being in a dhs run inpatient facility for only two weeks, our nonverbal six yr. Old was thrown to the ground by a staff member, had her lip busted, and a pillow shoved in her face, at three a:m. She was assaulted again twice. Nothing was done. We are looking for the meanest, nastiest, most bada$$ lawyer we can find who might be willing to take this case on. We have recordings of almost all conversations with dhs and other officials involved, but this drove one potential lawyer off. Don't know why. There's MUCH MORE to the story. Any advice on where to begin? All we've discovered so far is an intense fear of CPS. Also, where the slander comes in is we lived here for six yrs, built a good reputation around town, only for cps and cops to spread lies and crap all over our community. Once they found out they were wrong, the cops offered us a free meal on them, but cps continues to try and stir up crap.

Default Re: Slander, Defamation of CPS

Open the phone book, start looking.

This isn't a referral service.

When an attorney runs away from a case, it's usually because there isn't much of a case to begin with or the case isn't worth the cost of litigation.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah. Post hx is quite telling, folks.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

I'm not going to read the post Hx, I'm just going to tell the OP to take their checkbook and start paying attorneys for consultations. When you find one you like, write the next check for a retainer. You'll probably need a few more checks once that retainer runs out and you need to provide them with more money.
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Open the phone book, start looking.

This isn't a referral service.

When an attorney runs away from a case, it's usually because there isn't much of a case to begin with or the case isn't worth the cost of litigation.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah. Post hx is quite telling, folks.

I don't know what post hx is, or what the deal is with the snarky sarcasm, but whatever. Also, I thought it was clear that the attorney suddenly backed off over the recordings issue. Before that, he seemed eager, but again, ok. Does anyone here know if there is an issue concerning the child welfare dept. that would make finding a lawyer to go after these people nearly impossible? (Preferably from someone with an intelligent, nonsarcastic answer).

It may be difficult for you to find such an attorney, given your past.

I, along with my husband was charged with a sex crime involving our two yr. old in oct two years ago. I plead out five months later. He went to trial and was found not guilty. What are my chances of successfully winning an appeal and having the charges reversed and dismissed?
    His charge was child sexual abuse and mine was enabling child sexual abuse, if that's relevant.
    Also, would my chances improve if it were revealed that one of my kids was being abused in foster care, and I was told my the caseworker that if I plead out, they would take them from that abusive environment?

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Default Re: Mistreatment of a Child in CPS Custody

The phone book, Google and your local BAR association are good places to look for an attorney.

Unfortuantely, children being mistreated while in the system happens every day. Maybe and this is a Huge maybe, if your child had died, you might find an attorney to take the case, but even in those circumstances, it is highly doubtful.

There was a reason your child was removed. CPS doesn't remove children because they have nothing else better to do. It is obvious there is much more to this story and we don't need to know about it. I don't know who is telling you that CPS or the police told them things about you, your child, your case. But, even if that had happened, which I serioulsy doubt, there is nothing you can do about it.

You need to work on being sure that the problems that lead to the removal of your child are corrected. CPS doesn't have the time to "stir up crap" as you put it.

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    Unfortuantely, children being mistreated while in the system happens every day. Maybe and this is a Huge maybe, if your child had died, you might find an attorney to take the case, but even in those circumstances, it is highly doubtful.

There was a reason your child was removed. CPS doesn't remove children because they have nothing else better to do. It is obvious there is much more to this story and we don't need to know about it. I don't know who is telling you that CPS or the police told them things about you, your child, your case. But, even if that had happened, which I serioulsy doubt, there is nothing you can do about it.

You need to work on being sure that the problems that lead to the removal of your child are corrected. CPS doesn't have the time to "stir up crap" as you put it.

Did you even take the time to read the background thread? She plead guilty to a sex crime involving her own two year old child.

For finding a lawyer, look at these resources.

You've shared no facts here that would suggest that you have a viable defamation case. If you find a lawyer willing to review your case, you can discuss the facts with your lawyer.

Quote Quoting anon5
    View Post
    My question involves defamation in the state of: ok

I not sure this is the right thread but, my husband and I are looking for a hard nosed, fearless lawyer who is willing to sue dhs, child welfare. Long story, but our special needs daughter was taken by the state four months ago, based on outright lies from the intake worker. After being in a dhs run inpatient facility for only two weeks, our nonverbal six yr. Old was thrown to the ground by a staff member, had her lip busted, and a pillow shoved in her face, at three a:m. She was assaulted again twice. Nothing was done. We are looking for the meanest, nastiest, most bada$$ lawyer we can find who might be willing to take this case on. We have recordings of almost all conversations with dhs and other officials involved, but this drove one potential lawyer off. Don't know why. There's MUCH MORE to the story. Any advice on where to begin? All we've discovered so far is an intense fear of CPS. Also, where the slander comes in is we lived here for six yrs, built a good reputation around town, only for cps and cops to spread lies and crap all over our community. Once they found out they were wrong, the cops offered us a free meal on them, but cps continues to try and stir up crap.
    Dogmatique , all I read is what the OP posted here. Since she plead quilty to a sex crime involving her child, that explains A Lot. She won't find an attorny that will take the case. She has no one to blame but herself for what people are saying about her. No one has any use for someone who abuses children and sex crimes againt children are the worst. I wonder if she has to register as a Sex Criminal every time she moves.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast