Default Date of Birth Change on Birth Certificate

I would like to start by saying I do not plan on doing this and got curious after reading about men lying about ages during WW2

In instances of labor laws, drinking age, voting etc. I can see how lying about age can be criminal. If however a 21 yr old wanted to change their age to 25 or vice versa what would be the crime?

So, if one changes the DOB on birth certificate and went on to amend other documentation i.e. passport , drivers license what would be the crime?

Default Re: Date of Birth Change on Birth Certificate

Just how do you intend to change your date of birth by YEARS on a birth certificate? I know of no state's vital records department that would even entertain such a thing. If you're talking about forging a birth certificate to change your age, yes that's likely the same as any other document forgery. In order to give an intelligent answer, we'd have to know the name of your state that you conveniently deleted the prompt for.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Just how do you intend to change your date of birth by YEARS on a birth certificate? I know of no state's vital records department that would even entertain such a thing. If you're talking about forging a birth certificate to change your age, yes that's likely the same as any other document forgery. In order to give an intelligent answer, we'd have to know the name of your state that you conveniently deleted the prompt for.
    "that you conveniently deleted the prompt for" I do not know what you mean by this.

California would be the state.

Would it be forging or altering since it would be a change to an original document?

You still haven't explained what it is you're asking?

If you're saying that you're going get CDPH to change your date of birth by several years on a birth certificate, the answer is IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN.
    There's just no reason that they would EVER do that. Even if you could convince them to somehow do that, it's still a FORGERY if you use a document you knew was corrupted (even if didn't actually change the document yourself) in an attempt to defraud or alter the behavior of any official on that corrupted information.

1. Sponsored Links