Default Can a Trailer Park Landlord Restrict Tenants' Guests

My question involves real estate located in the State of:I own the trailer I'm living in. I'm paying lot rent dose that give the owner of the trailer park the right to tell me who I can have over.

Default Re: Can the Owner of the Trailer Park My Trailer is in Tell Me Who I Can Have Over

Knowing the state would be helpful. Do you have a lease or contract? What (if anything) does that say about restricting who may visit the park? How is the owner trying to limit your guests? Is s/he excluding certain people and allowing others?

Default Re: Can the Owner of the Trailer Park My Trailer is in Tell Me Who I Can Have Over

Quote Quoting Steven Porter
    View Post
    My question involves real estate located in the State of:I own the trailer I'm living in. I'm paying lot rent dose that give the owner of the trailer park the right to tell me who I can have over.
    The simple answer likely is no.

But there could be exceptions depending on the who, the why, your state, your lease, and any applicable mobile home park laws.

More specific information about what's happening between you and the owner would help.

Default Re: Can a Trailer Park Landlord Restrict Tenants' Guests

Actually they can ban anyone they feel is disruptive to the peace or safety of other residence from their property, which means they have no way to enter the piece you rent. I suggest you have these friends buy a helicopter and be dropped in to visit by harness. Once your lease is up, don't expect it to be renewed if they do.

Quote Quoting Steven Porter
    View Post
    In at least one state the answer is an absolute no. I suspect there are states where they can so put both answerd in s hat and draw one out. You now have a 50/50 chance of having the correct answer in your hand. Next time follow the directions to name your state

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting Disagreeable
    View Post
    Actually they can ban anyone they feel is disruptive to the peace or safety of other residence from their property, which means they have no way to enter the piece you rent. I suggest you have these friends buy a helicopter and be dropped in to visit by harness. Once your lease is up, don't expect it to be renewed if they do.
    not true in all states.

Of course, if the person is disruptive enough he might seek a restraining order against the individual - I have seen that used here. It's pricey, but, effective. It also means that the tenant is usually gone when the lease is up.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    Of course, if the person is disruptive enough he might seek a restraining order against the individual - I have seen that used here. It's pricey, but, effective. It also means that the tenant is usually gone when the lease is up.
    That is about the only way in my state and of course that means there must be a valid basis for a restrainbg order. My state enacted law to specifically prevent the landlord from attempting to control the visitors to a resident in a trailer park so I suspect it won't be an easy win.

I wonder if OP will come back with additional information.

1. Sponsored Links