Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Threatened With a Restraining Order by Minor Girlfriend's Parents

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Ohio
    I recently turned 18, and recently made a grave mistake. My girlfriend, or ex girlfriend it would seem, has been forbidden from being in a relationship with me or talking to me in any manner other than friendly (no I love yous) To answer the big question, she is 15, I began dating her at 17 and didn't find out about her age until I was well on my way to 18, I made sure her parents were okay with us dating, and there has been.no sexual contact. We dated for 4 more whole months. She did however, 1 month ago, sneak out to see me and thankfully we were caught not two minutes later, I apologized to her family and parents, and I don't know what I was thinking that night, but she had wanted to sneak out and have sex with me, and I was against it, but unfortunately gave in, and it's a mistake I regret, but I digress. I stopped seeing her but we still talked, texted, that kinda thing. We do go to the same school. Her parents are threatening a restraining order if she continues to text me anything romantic or relationship like in nature (I love yous) apparently friendliness is okay. If it has any effect, she turns 16 in 3 months. I am unsure how to proceed and I know it doesn't matter how I feel, but I truly care about this girl and I made a mistake, but her parents don't care what I have to say. What do I do?

Default Re: Help, Unsure of What to Do

Quote Quoting Stilicho
    View Post
    My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Ohio
    I recently turned 18, and recently made a grave mistake. My girlfriend, or ex girlfriend it would seem, has been forbidden from being in a relationship with me or talking to me in any manner other than friendly (no I love yous) To answer the big question, she is 15, I began dating her at 17 and didn't find out about her age until I was well on my way to 18, I made sure her parents were okay with us dating, and there has been.no sexual contact. We dated for 4 more whole months. She did however, 1 month ago, sneak out to see me and thankfully we were caught not two minutes later, I apologized to her family and parents, and I don't know what I was thinking that night, but she had wanted to sneak out and have sex with me, and I was against it, but unfortunately gave in, and it's a mistake I regret, but I digress. I stopped seeing her but we still talked, texted, that kinda thing. We do go to the same school. Her parents are threatening a restraining order if she continues to text me anything romantic or relationship like in nature (I love yous) apparently friendliness is okay. If it has any effect, she turns 16 in 3 months. I am unsure how to proceed and I know it doesn't matter how I feel, but I truly care about this girl and I made a mistake, but her parents don't care what I have to say. What do I do?

Exactly nothing.

If you love her, you won't mind waiting until she reaches the age of majority.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Exactly nothing.

If you love her, you won't mind waiting until she reaches the age of majority.
    I just want to be able to at least text her, if I was in contact with her, would that present reasonable grounds for a restraining order to stick?

Quote Quoting Stilicho
    View Post
    I just want to be able to at least text her, if I was in contact with her, would that present reasonable grounds for a restraining order to stick?
    You like the idea of having something haunt you for the rest of your life? Something that will show up on background checks and make others go 'Hmmm...'?
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

That is not what I meant, I meant if I were to just text her, nothing romantic in nature, would a restraining order still be able to be filed effectively?

Her parents said leave her alone. I think, if I were you, that I'd do just that.
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

Quote Quoting Stilicho
    View Post
    That is not what I meant, I meant if I were to just text her, nothing romantic in nature, would a restraining order still be able to be filed effectively?
    Yes.

All it takes it the "belief" that you (an adult) are a danger to their 15 year old CHILD.

Find yourself a girl friend your own age to text (and anything else) and stop this nonsense.

It won't end well for you or her.

And it doesn't say much for your manhood that you have to run after children.

Quote Quoting Stilicho
    View Post
    You haven't bothered to read a single thing on this site, have you?

Were your fingers too busy texting? Counting off the months until she's "free"?

Read this. http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175599

She is a minor and since she is, her parents have control until she turns 18. I'm not sure about the statutory rape laws in Ohio, but that may need to be your main concern instead of how to stay in contact with her.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

You don't speak to her. Not another word. Don't stand next to her in the lunch line. Nothing.
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast