Default What's the Penalty for Second Offense Domestic Assault

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Texas

Hello I am new to the forums; my question is about my husband he was arrested and put on probation for assaulting his ex wife about 5 years ago. He and I have been together almost 4 years and he has assaulted me many times as well over the years, I've never had the courage to call the police until recently and he was arrested. He has not been in any trouble since he last assaulted his ex wife and he was just about to get off of probation at the end of next month, I felt really bad for him and would not cooperate with anything I felt would get him even deeper into trouble, however I have since come to my senses as I have a one year old son to live for and I'm afraid this man could take my life. I know nobody can tell me exactly what's going to happen but can you tell me what are the chances that he will receive jail time and possibly how long? He also has 2 felonies for reasons unrelated to the assault. Thanks!

Anyone your help is greatly appreciated!

Default Re: What's the Penalty for Second Offense Domestic Assault

If you are not already working with a domestic violence advocate in your area, please take a moment and give them a call. Not only are they going to be in a better position to tell you what is likely to happen in your county related to these specific charges, they can also help you develop a safety plan. When you say "I'm afraid this man could take my life" that is a red flag that there are some dangerous possibilities. Advocates are free and familiar with both the dynamics of domestic violence and the steps you can take, legal and otherwise, to keep you safe.

1. Sponsored Links