Default Purchased a Car From Somebody Who Wasn't on the Title, Hasn't Conveyed Title

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: kentucky. The man has yet to provide the title that I found out was not even legally in his name but was legally given to him. He wont even answer my phone calls anymore and I have a bill of sale stating that it would be insured until the title was completed. It is signed but not notarized. What are my legal options against this man to obtain my title?

Default Re: Purchased a Car From Somebody Who Wasn't on the Title, Hasn't Conveyed Title

Quote Quoting imunderurbed6971
    View Post
    What are my legal options against this man to obtain my title?
    You can sue him for your money back. You can probably do that in small claims court but I doubt that you can sue in small claims court to compel him to produce a title. You would have to hire a lawyer and sue in civil court. Could take months or years and thousands in attorney fees.

The alternative is to see if KY will allow you to post a defective title bond. That gets you your title quickly and you need only sue for the cost of the bond and any additional DMV fees that you wouldn't have ordinarily paid.

Whatever this "mistake" of yours costs you it'll be your tuition for a life lesson from the school of hard knocks.

1. Sponsored Links