Default Avoiding Community Service

i was charger for shoplifting in belk the amount of goods was 165$. i asked a lawyer and told me that there is 2 solutions: first one is going to the court and confront the belk worker.. the second one is doing a community service (i had no criminal record). the big problem that i have a baby 2 years old in pediatric therapy since 2 months he is so scared about any strange people so i could never let him with any other one to do this community service. since we have no family and no friends in NC and absoloutly he can never stay with a baby sitter. So my question is does can explain the situation to judge and does he will take it seriously or no and there is any alternative solution or no ? please help i m so confused and stressssssssssed

Default Re: What About Community Service

If you were out shoplifting with a baby, the issue might be solved when CS takes the baby for neglect. You should not do the crime if you can't do the time. It is not the judges problem you have separation anxiety.

Default Re: Avoiding Community Service

I expect a court to be skeptical of the idea that your child is so uniquely anxious that he can never be apart from you. Do you plan to have your child on your hip when you go to court?

You can discuss with your lawyer whether there's any form of community service where you might be permitted to have your child with you.

Quote Quoting raleighnc
    View Post
    So my question is does can explain the situation to judge and does he will take it seriously or no and there is any alternative solution or no ?
    Sure, you can explain. Whether he will cut you slack or not is impossible to predict.

Yes, there is an alternative. You can pay a big fine or you can go to jail.

And you won't have the baby with you in jail.

1. Sponsored Links