Default What Are the Chances of Successfully Appealing a Guilty Plea

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Oklahoma
    I, along with my husband was charged with a sex crime involving our two yr. old in oct two years ago. I plead out five months later. He went to trial and was found not guilty. What are my chances of successfully winning an appeal and having the charges reversed and dismissed?
    His charge was child sexual abuse and mine was enabling child sexual abuse, if that's relevant.
    Also, would my chances improve if it were revealed that one of my kids was being abused in foster care, and I was told my the caseworker that if I plead out, they would take them from that abusive environment?

Default Re: Appealing and Overturning Out of Time Sex Offense Plea

Aren't you also the sweet lady wanting to see if she can get her ex to pay child support to children adopted by your husband?

Default Re: What Are the Chances of Successfully Appealing a Guilty Plea

When you choose to confess to a crime under oath, in open court, it becomes extremely difficult to overcome your in-court confession. You should discuss your situation with your lawyer.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Aren't you also the sweet lady wanting to see if she can get her ex to pay child support to children adopted by your husband?
    Yes, as a matter of fact I am. I was a minor when I was sold to him, and impregnated, and don't feel one bit bad about trying to stick it to him anyway legally possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting anon5
    View Post
    Yes, as a matter of fact I am. I was a minor when I was sold to him, and impregnated, and don't feel one bit bad about trying to stick it to him anyway legally possible.
    And if it's relevant, my kids were never technically adopted, but only took their stepdads last name at his request.

Well then.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Well then.
    Thank you for your professionalism and the legal advice. I'll be sure and do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    When you choose to confess to a crime under oath, in open court, it becomes extremely difficult to overcome your in-court confession. You should discuss your situation with your lawyer.
    Thank you. I'm contacting a lawyer as soon as possible. One more question: what is your opinion on my chances of being charged with perjury if I state to the court I lied under oath when pleading guilty? The ideal response I want from the court, of course, would be to be charged with lying under oath
    as a means to open the door for the other charge being dropped. I'm no lawyer, but it would seem legally, it couldn't be both ways.
    Thank you.

I am not personally aware of anybody being charged with perjury after successfully withdrawing a guilty plea.

1. Sponsored Links