Default Leaving the Jurisdiciton While Felony Charges are Pending

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Florida, 6 years ago I was in Florida visiting my sister and when I walked into an alley in Hollywood,fl a pickup truck pulled up and cops jumped out. They asked what I was doing I said I'm going to the bar this is my last day and I am leaving this rat hole tomorrow just bought my bus ticket. They asked when was the last time I used. I said I haven't, that's when they said I had drugs in my mouth and to spit them out so they started grabbing my throat and choking me. I said your choking me the best way I could and that I was leaving that's when they said not to day and cuffed me. They charged me with tampering with evidence, trespassing. I spent 40 days and went to court 4 times the fourth being drug court that's where ended up pleading guilty so I could go back to my home state. It was denied by the judge and he asked the state if I was drug tested or mouth swabbed for residue because the evidence the police said they had against me was 2 white substances in my mouth. Judge said that's as good as 2 tic tacs and ordered them to release me on pre-trial until they figured out what they the state wanted to do. Another reason the judge denied my guilty plea was because I never was arrested before. At the time I was 27 turning 28. I want to know how I can take care of this I don't have the money or the means to leave my family and go sit in jail for this. The state I'm in now received a letter from florida stating to stop all fugitive action against me in this matter unless I reenter Florida. Please help its destroying my life job wise but not my drivers license. Thank you for your time in this matter.

Default Re: Fleeing a Felony Tamper Evidence

When did you leave Florida? Can you afford to get an attorney to represent you down there or return to deal with it? Why did you leave the state without permission?

Default Re: Leaving the Jurisdiciton While Felony Charges are Pending

Quote Quoting Rlowe
    View Post
    It was denied by the judge and he asked the state if I was drug tested or mouth swabbed for residue because the evidence the police said they had against me was 2 white substances in my mouth. Judge said that's as good as 2 tic tacs and ordered them to release me on pre-trial until they figured out what they the state wanted to do. Another reason the judge denied my guilty plea was because I never was arrested before.
    From what you have told us here, the reason the judge rejected your plea was that your allocution did not include the admission of all elements of the offense charged. The judge may have also commented that you should be looking for a first offender disposition, but from your comments the reason for the actual rejection of the plea was that you denied that there was ever any evidence in your mouth -- you can't destroy evidence that does not exist.
    Quote Quoting Rlowe
    I want to know how I can take care of this I don't have the money or the means to leave my family and go sit in jail for this.
    Then retain a lawyer in the county where you were charged to try to negotiate a deal for you with an agreed disposition, so that you can return to Florida and enter into the plea bargain knowing what your sentence is going to be.
    Quote Quoting Rlowe
    The state I'm in now received a letter from florida stating to stop all fugitive action against me in this matter unless I reenter Florida.
    Please do a better job explaining the letter and its context.

1. Sponsored Links