My question involves real estate located in the State of: GA
I am interested in purchasing a home from someone but it has not been directly conveyed to him according to county records (that I can tell anyway). It was his mother's house and she got it through warranty deed back in 94 and that is the only recorded action on the house since then. She passed away a couple years ago and he is trying to sell me the house now with a quit claim deed. He is not a business type person at all so I wanted to know for myself what documents I need from him to prove it is a legal sale. What if he signs her name to the quit claim deed? That seems like something he would suggest...what would even happen? Thanks for any input!!