Default Copying Content from Somebody's Smart Phone

My question involves criminal law for the state of: MD/VA

To make long story short when my ex passed out one time and forgot to lock her phone, I managed to look into it, screenshot FB messages she exchanged with the guy she cheated on me with, and e-mail copy them onto a USB drive along with pictures of her and that guy kissing. I also e-mailed myself copies of her hotel reservation histories since she entrusted me with passwords to some of her accounts like Hotmail and e-banking. I collected these infidelity evidences around end of our relationship and we broke up about 6 months ago. Note that I provided her the phone in the first place since her line was under my name. Looks like she sure learned her lesson to never entrust her passwords to future partners.

Now in case I e-mail her copies of these evidences just to remind her of her wrongs especially if she'll keep ignoring my questions, could it give her any legal weapons against me? If so, what could she legally hit me back with besides possibly suing me for invasion of privacy?

Default Re: Potential Repercussion of Reminding Ex of Infidelity Evidences

Quote Quoting BigPete
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: MD/VA

To make long story short when my ex passed out one time and forgot to lock her phone, I managed to look into it, screenshot FB messages she exchanged with the guy she cheated on me with, and e-mail copy them onto a USB drive along with pictures of her and that guy kissing. I also e-mailed myself copies of her hotel reservation histories since she entrusted me with passwords to some of her accounts like Hotmail and e-banking. I collected these infidelity evidences around end of our relationship and we broke up about 6 months ago. Note that I provided her the phone in the first place since her line was under my name. Looks like she sure learned her lesson to never entrust her passwords to future partners.

Now in case I e-mail her copies of these evidences just to remind her of her wrongs especially if she'll keep ignoring my questions, could it give her any legal weapons against me? If so, what could she legally hit me back with besides possibly suing me for invasion of privacy?
    Why in the world would you want to harass an ex that you broke up with six months ago? That is the kind of thing that could get you accused of being a stalker. Move on with your life.

A stalker or a blackmailer. Possibly you are trying to remind her of how lousy you were in bed and that she had to get satisfaction elsewhere, yet your ego was so fragile you could not work out acceptance of her needs.

1. Sponsored Links