Default Pregnant with Another Man's Child Before Divorce is Final

My question is about a Florida divorce. I am in the middle of a divorce with a man in prison, but I am pregnant with another mans child. My question is, is he (my husband) responsible for my unborn child? We do have a 4 year old together, and he is contesting the divorce. I know it is a no fault state, so it will be granted eventually, but since there is 6 months left of my pregnancy and he is stretching it out as much as he can, (asking for 60 day continuances and such) what will happen the day I have the baby? Will my boyfriend be able to sign the BC and will the baby be able to have his last name? Also, is there any other special forms I have to fill out? I am pro se on this divorce. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. BTW hope this is in the correct category, if not my apologies. I am new to this. Oh, and he has been locked up for 2 years, so he knows he is not the father.

Default Re: Pregnant with Another Mans Child Before Divorce is Final

Quote Quoting Ashley1985
    View Post
    My question is about a Florida divorce. I am in the middle of a divorce with a man in prison, but I am pregnant with another mans child. My question is, is he (my husband) responsible for my unborn child? We do have a 4 year old together, and he is contesting the divorce. I know it is a no fault state, so it will be granted eventually, but since there is 6 months left of my pregnancy and he is stretching it out as much as he can, (asking for 60 day continuances and such) what will happen the day I have the baby? Will my boyfriend be able to sign the BC and will the baby be able to have his last name? Also, is there any other special forms I have to fill out? I am pro se on this divorce. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. BTW hope this is in the correct category, if not my apologies. I am new to this. Oh, and he has been locked up for 2 years, so he knows he is not the father.
    If you properly deal with the pregnancy within the divorce...ie, admit that you are pregnant and it is not your husband's child so that the divorce decree reflects that, then all will be well. However, if that does not happen before the baby is born then it would be best to put no father at all on the BC, and the establish your boyfriend's paternity in court via a DNA test.

Default Re: Pregnant with Another Mans Child Before Divorce is Final

In Florida if you are married at the time the child is born, your husband is presumed to be the father. You should get the paternity issues handled (most likely can be done in the same court you're dealing with the divorce).

1. Sponsored Links