Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Shoplifting Bulk Foods

I OFFICIALLY declare the LP in this incident is a LIAR
    Either he is unintelligent lack of math skills or try to bully customer to earn his
    his quota.

I begin to recall what happen....

LP reported $20 worth of nuts in this incident. He verbally said that to me.
    I recalled it costs about $8 - $9 per lb.
    So $20 worth of nuts will equivalent to 2.5 lbs

I compared to my costco walnut and almond bag. 2.5 lbs are hugh bulk.
    The store video camera will never show me carry 2.5 lbs worth of nuts.

If i go to court, i will swear under oath the whole truth that i NEVER carry 2.5 lbs worth of nuts.

I guess the civil demand is coming up. I will NOT pay, cuz the LP is a LIAR !!

I'm pissed.....

Then they sue you in civil court and get a judgment for the amount you owe, plus attorney fees.

And they ask that criminal charges be filed and when you're found guilty, you will receive a fine and maybe even jail (unlikely, but not off the table).

You need to rethink what you plan to do. Pay a few hundred dollars for a civil demand, or pay one thousand plus dollars and community service and risk a jail term.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

what is the credibility of the LP? He lied.
    LP would probably use the report he made, but under oath he would say that was the true statement.

- - - Updated - - -

i should change the topic from "Shoplifting Bulk Foods" to "wrong choice sampling less than 4 cents worth of food"

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, you are right ...i reserve my outcome

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=runaway2015;868563]I OFFICIALLY declare the LP in this incident is a LIAR
    Either he is unintelligent lack of math skills or try to bully customer to earn his
    his quota.

I begin to recall what happen....

LP reported $20 worth of nuts in this incident. He verbally said that to me.
    I recalled it costs about $8 - $9 per lb.
    So $20 worth of nuts will equivalent to 2.5 lbs

I compared to my costco walnut and almond bag. 2.5 lbs are hugh bulk.
    The store video camera will never show me carry 2.5 lbs worth of nuts.

If i go to court, i will swear under oath the whole truth that i NEVER carry 2.5 lbs worth of nuts.

I'm pissed.....

But what about the act of LP to exaggerate the amount.

6 nuts vs 2.5 lbs of nuts
    A case against the store that the LP report is fabricated....and the concealment 2.5 lbs of nuts was untrue

So what we have here is:

1. It's okay to steal as long as it's just a couple of things.

2. Stores deserve to be deprived of their goods because heck, this is America and we stand firm in our belief that what's ours is ours, and what's yours is ours, too.

3. Anyone who has never stolen anything is lying (!)

4. Stealing is the same thing as taking more lunch meat from the sample tray than you should.

My goodness, some of you have the weirdest set of "morals" I've seen in forever.

Who said its ok to steal.

The bin never said no sampling. I made a wrong choice for couple of nuts.
    I said i forgot all about the other 6 nuts.

So if we talk about lying..the LP was lying $20 and 2.5 lbs of nuts about the incident. It was not true.
    The LP made a false statement in the report, though i didnt see it.. I bet he put it down to demonstrate he did the right thing to accuse a customer took $20 of items.

- - - Updated - - -

I like "Dogmatique" talk about morale.

If we talking about stealing, then google, apple, and many multinational companies are stealing from the US government tax obligation. Due to the aggressive price transfer strategies, the cost and sales are transferred to a country with little or no income taxes. Its legal to dodge the taxes, because our government allow these companies to do that. Is this the right morale to do that?

Let talk a look another morale story, the defense contractor allowed to pay for a toilet seat worth $1000. Its alright to do that, and the company is stealing for the american citizen tax contribution.

How about doing an in-network surgery and hospital care. Everything supposes to be zero cost, except the biopsy sample was send to an out of network providers or ask another surgeon who is out of network
    to do a helping hand. The in-network providers did not inform the patient about these costs and services before rendered. When the bills were finalized, it was over $10k .

All these cases are moral stories, but it's happening every day. Its stealing, but its alright to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot it..it was my wrong choice...

but the LP is not any better by lying in the report

Once the government gives you written permission to steal, you'll be all set!

Excellent!

Since the LP has no means to determine how much unpaid for product you had already consumed, I would say it's not a lie, it's an estimate. An estimate he would have had to make if you had kept your hands in your pockets where they belong and not let them go wandering among the bulk bins where they had no business being. So if he's over-estimating to protect the store, remember that you brought it on yourself.

"The intent to permanently deprive the item's rightful owner (the grocery store, in this case), without paying for it."

Well, he ate 4, stole 6.....could have easily gone to the register and paid for 10....

Now we have a few other thoughts brought up:
    - If you're walking around with a potato chip bag and eating....or grab a pop off the shelf and open it....yes, LP would have reason to follow you and make sure you pay for it. I've worked a lot of retail and seen a lot of pop bottles emptied and left on shelves.

- I did not say taking too many samples was equivalent to shoplifting, just that people are frickin pigs when it comes to free samples. I thought it was sad how many people would say "LUNCH!" and take 3 of everything. I even had some people ask why I didn't have plates at the table. I guess that is just the way people are. Again with the wine demos, there are laws that say I could only pass out 3 samples of a measured size, per customer, in a 24 hour period.

My post was basically to show the difference between "Here's free samples" vs "eat some nuts from the Bulk Food Bin".

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Since the LP has no means to determine how much unpaid for product you had already consumed, I would say it's not a lie, it's an estimate. An estimate he would have had to make if you had kept your hands in your pockets where they belong and not let them go wandering among the bulk bins where they had no business being. So if he's over-estimating to protect the store, remember that you brought it on yourself.
    Of course LP knows how much product the OP put in the bag. How do you suppose that LP was on this guy in the first place; video surveillance or direct observations? There is a huge difference between putting 10 chocolate covered almonds and 2.5 lbs of nuts in a bag.

Do you think that maybe the store has a $20 threshold on prosecuting shoplifters? Maybe LP personal get bonuses based on how much lose is prevented.

There is no way that 10 chocolate covered almonds equates to $20.00 estimate or not. But you can see it would be pretty ridicules to charge a shoplifter with sealing $0.10 when Oregon law is first degree thrift is up to $1,000.

So if he's over-estimating to protect the store, remember that you brought it on yourself
    You don't get to over estimate when you charge someone with a crime.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast