Default Should I Continue to Work With My Injury Lawyers or Settle the Case Myself

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: MARYLAND

I was involved in an accident where I was hit by TWO vehicles, both admitted responsibility for the accident, both Insurance companies have agreed to pay for my vehicle (totalled). Did go to emergency room for treatment, a few days off of work, but in enough physical discomfort where my boss told me to sit back for a couple of weeks. Can't operate my business, losing revenue both ways. In physical therapy 3 days a week, Lawyers are on the job, here is the problem with all of this; Wait on Lawyers to get with both parties Insurance companies while the bills are piling up, THEIR Physical Therapist is making THOUSANDS, and HOPE that I can get something for my losses, pain, suffering, lost wages and revenue, or, should I shut them down NOW and work with BOTH parties Insurance Companies myself to settle this??? If I wait on the Lawyers I WILL lose my business as well as my job and I run the risk of walking away empty handed, I was banged up pretty good but I think I will survive in the long run.....

Default Re: Should I Continue to Work With My Injury Lawyers or Settle the Case Myself

You can fire your lawyer and work with both insurance company's yourself however, you stand to lose thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars because the insurance company lawyers will chew you up and spit you out. My recommendation is to let your lawyer do their work.

If you stand to walk away empty handed with a lawyer, you will walk away without your shirt if you go up against the insurance company yourself.

Your lawyer won't start negotiations until you're done with your medical appointments and physical therapy. This could take several months. Then another several months for negotiations.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Default Re: Should I Continue to Work With My Injury Lawyers or Settle the Case Myself

FYI, you will not avoid paying your lawyer a fee by firing him and setting the case yourself.

If a case has been filed, the lawyers will negotiate even if you're continuing treatment. If your lawyer is waiting to file, to get a sense of your recovery and prognosis, you can speak with him about your options.

1. Sponsored Links