Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Employee's Right To Use Employer's Software From Home

I am looking for case law based on Company owned computer hardware and software, and what rights an empolyee has (or does not have) when using it from home.
    I will need to be able to site this case(s) in court/arb.

Thanks for the help.

Default Re: Case Law please

First of all any case law would be state specific which you failed to give us. Then your question is too broad since any case law would be fact specific. Third, this is not a research site. If you need research, retain an attoney.

Default Re: Employee's Right To Use Employer's Software From Home

Then what is it?? Is it just one of the many CARPIE Form sites or is this a place to get REAL Info??????
    If I can not use this as a tool to find the info I need then what good is it???
    Also I was looking for ANY case law US or State.

The instruction you received was pretty clear: You need to ask a more specific question, such that it can be answered.

If you choose not to do so, it's your choice. If you choose to continue to snipe at others instead of lifting a finger to help yourself, don't count on attracting much help.

Unhappy Re: Employee's Right To Use Employer's Software From Home

I have been looking all over the net for this kinda of Info for more than a month now and can't seem to find anything.
    I don't mean to snipe at anyone but I am frustrated.
    What I am looking for is something from the US Supreme Court or any court about this, I have been to their website, but can not understand half of what they have posted. I am an employee of a company that has fired the husband of the CEO (she is also divorcing him) and he is using a company owned PC from home that I had to wipe out and reinstall, He has been giving me a VERY hard time about this and has sent e-mail that he is going to call his attorney. the system is out of my control and off my network so i can not back it up. I need to be able to walk into his attorney's office and be able to site this to shut him up for good.
    the Bad thing is he is a share holder in the company (20% only).

Again I am Very sorry about my words in the last post but everyone that uses this forum is my last hope.

panther10758 Guest

If PC was "company owned" instead of wiping it out why not just remove it!? These type of cases often have more twist and turns than our nervous system getting reliable advice will be tough as will finding related case law if any. Keep in mind that anyone can post a reply here and you have no clue to whom your talking or their background (read my signature line) so please stay calm teh best advice you will get is from an Attorney who spcializes in these types of cases

THANK YOU!!!
    I would love to remove the PC but he is still living with the CEO (she is trying to get rid of him to) and he is still a share holder in the company and has not been bought out.
    I understand what you are saying and will do so, I was just looking for a direction or a where to find or a site that deals with this kinda of subject.

Again to all Sorry for my harmful words.

Quote Quoting rpotthoff
    View Post
    THANK YOU!!!
    I would love to remove the PC but he is still living with the CEO (she is trying to get rid of him to) and he is still a share holder in the company and has not been bought out.
    I understand what you are saying and will do so, I was just looking for a direction or a where to find or a site that deals with this kinda of subject.

Again to all Sorry for my harmful words.
    If the computer belongs to the company, then the company can do with it as it pleases.

Tell the guy to bite rocks.

panther10758 Guest

Quote Quoting rpotthoff
    View Post
    THANK YOU!!!
    I would love to remove the PC but he is still living with the CEO
    Why would this prevent you from removing PC or at very at least put a password on it to prevent usage from unauthorize persons!? Like its been said tell him to bite rocks its not his property!

again I would love to do that BUT She is much small then he is and he has had in the past been court ordered into anger management classes. She is a afraid of him to an extent and my hands are tied as to what she will allow me to do. The divorce is getting very messy and I am getting stuck in the middle.
    I am just tring to protect the company (and her) from the SOB.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast