Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Reporting Somebody for Checking Your Credit Without Permission

The law provides that your wife is entitled to a penalty per violation of her right to financial privacy, even if she do not directly suffer damage as a consequence of the improper pull. There is also the potential of punitive damages, as well as any out-of-pocket losses you have suffered. The federal FCRC statute also provides that the person who improperly pulled her credit report must pay for her attorney’s fees, so these cases are frequently affordable even to consumers who cannot otherwise afford an attorney. If you want to pursue this, see a lawyer.

I understand that more information may be helpful but the condescending tone of his initial response was uncalled for. I can answer questions with the best of 'em. BTW, I used the same text to ask this question on other sites and the feedback was professional and helpful based on the information I provided.

Thanks to the other responders here that were professional. I have what I need so I'll move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the advice Bubba. Much appreciated

You'll want to get used to the tone of this site if you want to continue using it. Some people come here more to snipe at others rather than be helpful, and if your tolerance for that sort of thing is low then it may not be the place for you. You will still receive help from people who come here with a mind to help. Unfortunately, enough bozos do come here that it's easy to become jaded. Some try to resist it and some don't. Kinda like the real world, which this ain't...

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2