I attend school part-time, however, my lawyer told me that if I am serious about winning my case I should consider dropping out or only taking one class. I'm already making slow progress toward my degree as it is, and taking one class at a time would mean I'd be ineligible for ALL financial aid (problematic since I'm financing my degree by myself and don't have the credit history for a private loan). I want to stay in school, ideally taking about nine credits or so. Has anyone here had success (or encountered difficulties) applying for Social Security as a college student? Do I really need to drop out to prove that I am "disabled"? My college gives me a few hours per week at a work study job, and my lawyer also advised that I quit this position since it makes it seem like I am fully employable. My parents provide limited financial support so I would be screwed financially if this were the case. The issue isn't that I can't work at all, it's that I can't be engaged in activity for 40 hours a week (whether class, work, or a combination thereof). Is there any hope that I can win my case?

My disabilities are a combination of mental health conditions, a nonverbal learning disability, autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, and motor coordination issues. I can't meet performance standards consistently due to these issues and consequently am asked to leave jobs (or need to take off several months during mental health episodes). Even with accommodations and job coaching these problems arise