Default Mismatch Between Name on Birth Certificate and Social Security Card

My question involves name change laws in the State of: iowa

Default Re: Name Changed 21 Years Ago Never Got Changed on Birth Certificate

I changed name legal 21 years ago vital records never got sent the change so my social security card and birth certificate have difrent name my question is the irs I owe money in new name can I just tell the you have wrong person

Quote Quoting Momowillowlily Pettyjohn
    View Post
    I changed name legal 21 years ago vital records never got sent the change so my social security card and birth certificate have difrent name my question is the irs I owe money in new name can I just tell the you have wrong person
    Nope, it goes by your social security number, not your name. That is not going to get you out of paying your taxes.

Short answer: You can tell them that, but you WILL suffer the consequences. The IRS and SSA do share information.
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

That's what I figured

So not only did you commit tax fraud, you now want to commit other Federal crimes.

Quote Quoting Disagreeable
    View Post
    So not only did you commit tax fraud, you now want to commit other Federal crimes.
    Huh, where do you get the tax fraud. Most people who owe money to the IRS have NOT committed any kind of tax fraud.

Default Re: Mismatch Between Name on Birth Certificate and Social Security Card

It's 200$ I dont think you have to act all mighty just keep your opinion to yourself I think your analogy would work with the bankers and people on walsteet but for a person that dosnt have a dollar to get food tell them to learn to fish is assign screw you.

1. Sponsored Links