Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default How Do I Get a Marijuana Charge Expunged so I Can Enlist in the Military

    I live in CT and i got a marijuana charge at the age of 20, im 22 now and wish to join the marines. My only problem is the possesion charge. I was only givin a ticket and my license was suspended. Is there any way for me to get this charge removed? Please help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: How Do I Get a Marijuana Charge Expunged

    You don't qualify. You have to wait three years from the end of your case (and any probation) until you can apply for the expungement pardon. Information here:

    Expungement also isn't going to help. You are required to report any convictions even if they were expunged (and even if they were juvenile) on your application to join. You are going to need a waiver which is going to require a drug abuse screening. You should discuss this frankly with your recruiter and make sure all is disclosed. If you get in and you are found to have failed to disclose your history, it will be very severe for you.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Entering Service: Will the Military Find Out About Your Expunged Juvenile Record
    By Canon1309 in forum Military Law
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-15-2014, 11:05 AM
  2. Marriage: Foreign National Wants to Marry a Military Member and Enlist
    By michalsky in forum Visas for Business, Tourism and Family
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 04:01 PM
  3. Entering Service: Trying to Enlist with a Dismissed Theft Charge
    By RicksZHP in forum Military Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 08:17 PM
  4. Entering Service: Cannot Enlist Due to Domestic Violence Charge
    By Steven02114 in forum Military Law
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 04:07 PM
  5. Embezzlement: Embezzlement Charge Deferred, Expunged, but Now I Have Another Charge
    By pleasehelpnow123 in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources