Default Entering Into a Car Loan With Your Spouse Prior to Divorce

My question involves a marriage in the state of: Georgia

Me and my wife have a vehicle together (that she drives) that will be paid off in February. I also have another vehicle that I've been driving that needs a new engine. I went to get a new car this past weekend and was told I needed a cosigner because of the other car loan I have with her. My question is, I'm looking to begin the divorce process when my oldest daughter graduates this May. Should I enter into a car loan with my wife as the cosigner at this time? I don't believe it's a good idea but wanted to know what to look forward to during the divorce process if I did. Will this make things worse? Lastly, should I refrain from incurring any more debt with my spouse since a divorce will be in process in May-2015?

Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Entering Into a Car Loan With Your Spouse Prior to Divorce

Quote Quoting tcrittendon
    View Post
    My question involves a marriage in the state of: Georgia

Me and my wife have a vehicle together (that she drives) that will be paid off in February. I also have another vehicle that I've been driving that needs a new engine. I went to get a new car this past weekend and was told I needed a cosigner because of the other car loan I have with her. My question is, I'm looking to begin the divorce process when my oldest daughter graduates this May. Should I enter into a car loan with my wife as the cosigner at this time?
    I would think that would be up to your wife. Does she know that you are planning to divorce her?

View Post
    I don't believe it's a good idea
    It's a bad idea for a lot of reasons. But I can't think of anything illegal about it.

View Post
    wanted to know what to look forward to during the divorce process if I did. Will this make things worse?
    Yes. Your wife will be pissed that you scammed her and is likely to rake you over the coals during the divorce. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

View Post
    Lastly, should I refrain from incurring any more debt with my spouse since a divorce will be in process in May-2015?
    Yes.

1. Sponsored Links