Default How is International Legal Research Done

Hi everyone

I am a LLM in International Law. To be honest I have not yet really understood how International legal research is done most efficiently and how to study effectively International Law. Please advise me in this so I can prepare my PHD thesis proposal

THanks

Default Re: Post Graduate Student Need Advice for Phd in International Law

That's a question for your professors.
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

Default Re: How is International Legal Research Done

Quote Quoting InternationaLegal
    View Post
    Hi everyone

I am a LLM in International Law. To be honest I have not yet really understood how International legal research is done most efficiently and how to study effectively International Law. Please advise me in this so I can prepare my PHD thesis proposal

THanks
    You've reached a point in your education where you are ready to do a PHD thesis and you have to ask that question?

Yikes.

Quote Quoting InternationaLegal
    View Post
    Hi everyone

THanks
    If you have a LLM in international law you should know how to do the research already. International law is the law between nations; it is primarily made up of treaties, international conventions, and other agreements made between nations as well as some general principles to which most nations adhere. Some of those materials may be found online. Any law school that has an international law program should have a section in its law library that has these sorts of materials as well as treatises and other secondary materials that explain various aspects of international law. The law librarian should be able to show you where those materials are and how to research them. A student doing a PHD or SJD degree should be well versed in research at this point. That's a very basic skill you need in such a program. If you need help, perhaps you can find a course at your school that would teach you how to do the legal research.

It is not that I do not know, but to do it efficiently and effectively....

I have to apply for proposal to get accepted , so I just thought I give it a go and see the response

That is not the purpose of this forum.

1. Sponsored Links