Default Going to a Grand Jury

Who or what body has the say in convening a grand jury or should I say what is the path to a grand jury investigation. Thanks for your information.

Default Re: Going to Grand Jury

Quote Quoting deric
    View Post
    Who or what body has the say in convening a grand jury or should I say what is the path to a grand jury investigation. Thanks for your information.
    The use of the Grand Jury varies by state.

What state are you in? Is this a potential federal offense to be brought before a federal Grand Jury?
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    The use of the Grand Jury varies by state.
    What state are you in? Is this a potential federal offense to be brought before a federal Grand Jury?
    I had no offense in mind. I was just wondering how it all works. It sounds like it might be at the hands of the Attorney General -state or federal. Or can any person request a grand jury review and then some board decides if it will be heard? Then who would that board be made up of?

Thanks for your response.

While you've asked a simple basic question, the answer is rather complex (at least for my state). If you have a couple hours to spare and want to learn a number of obscure California laws, go here http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...Selected.xhtml and read sections 888 through 939.91. There will be links next to the various sections you can click on. You will learn all sorts of things you never knew. <G>

Quote Quoting deric
    View Post
    I had no offense in mind. I was just wondering how it all works. It sounds like it might be at the hands of the Attorney General -state or federal. Or can any person request a grand jury review and then some board decides if it will be heard? Then who would that board be made up of?

Thanks for your response.
    And the state you are inquiring about is ... ???

The process truly does vary by state Some states rely heavily on the Grand Jury for indictments, others (like CA) do not. The process does vary to some degree by state So, if you simply Google the appropriate key words for your state you should find a myriad of info to wade through.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links