Default How to Find Expert Witnesses for a Criminal Case

My question involves criminal law for the state of: tennesee - Does anyone have any advice or information on how to find expert witnesses in tennesee for the following: UPC codes, Facial Recognition, surveillance(merchant video), pre-paid credit cards(gift cards). Thanks for any information.

Default Re: Expert Witnesses

You can't afford the $5,000-$10,000 for an attorney (who can do this for you), but, you're considering numerous experts that will likely cost you AT LEAST that much???

Expert witnesses are pricey, depending on their qualifications, area of expertise, and how far they have to travel and how long they'd have to stay for trial.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

If I request expert witnesses that are in the state of tennesee, doesn't the state have to cover the cost?

Quote Quoting lorie42
    View Post
    If I request expert witnesses that are in the state of tennesee, doesn't the state have to cover the cost?
    no.. it is your defense. You get to pay for it.

Quote Quoting lorie42
    View Post
    Uh ... no.

If you had a public defender then there might be some consideration, but, the public defender would have to ask for permission and show some good cause to make the request for an expert. Unless you are being tried on some serious felony that could result in many years in state prison, I doubt that an expert witness would be approved. But, since you apparently seek to defend yourself and are either declining or ineligible for a public defender, you are on your own.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links