Default Bar incident

Yesterday I was in a bar and I stupidly tried to be nice to an old woman who didnít and doesnít like me because she is friends with a friend of mine.
    As I was saying goodbye to her I leaned in to give her a hug, Very casual because this is what everyone does with her, and I accidentally grazed her breast due to both of our movements, she was moving forward as I was to avoid foot traffic behind me. Now, she was offended and I apologized citing I had not intended to. However she remains offended at this incident.
    Today I hear from the friend that She intends to grab my nuts at our next encounter, (I understand how childish this all is, keep in mind she is a fifty year old woman and I am a 22 year old man... I thought we outgrew grade school...) I was wondering if
    1. My initial incident could be considered either a. sexual harassment (I am quite gay by the way, and Have no interest what so ever in any sexual advances upon this woman, it was a crowded bar where people run into eachother all the time) b. Sexual assault, the incident occurred in less then 0.5 of a second but I am not sure what she would make it out to be.
    And also if I am at fault legally for this incident.
    2. If she does actually proceed with her idea if I have the right to sue her for sexual assault (I have no intent but just so I know where I stand) Sexual Harassment Assault or just plain harassment... If I do does she then have the ability to counter with her own claim?
    3. The woman also engages in the rumor mill around this town and has used my name on several occassions to badmouth me to others, would this be considered slander? could I sue for slander if I have witnesses to her behavior?
    Could I get a restraining order put on her if she insists on her actions?
    More over if she causes me bodily harm over this incident (I have no dilusions that her intent is anything other than to harm) can I have her arrested? and then could she turn around and have me arrested?
    Edit/Delete Message

Default Re: bar incident

Quote Quoting JCZen
    View Post
    I thought we outgrew grade school...)
    It doesn't sound like you outgrew anything either.

Default Re: Bar incident

Quote Quoting JCZen
    View Post
    Yesterday I was in a bar and I stupidly tried to be nice to an old woman who didnít and doesnít like me because she is friends with a friend of mine.
    Your friends' friends don't like you, just because?
    Quote Quoting JCZen
    1. My initial incident could be considered either a. sexual harassment ... b. Sexual assault
    It could be considered just about anything. From what you say there was no police involvement, so what does it matter?
    Quote Quoting JCZen
    2. If she does actually proceed with her idea if I have the right to sue her for sexual assault (I have no intent but just so I know where I stand) Sexual Harassment Assault or just plain harassment... If I do does she then have the ability to counter with her own claim?
    It sounds more like she is planning a form of physical assault. You could try to sue, but it is unlikely that you would recover much in damages. She could try to countersue, but it is unlikely that she would recover much in damages.
    Quote Quoting JCZen
    3. The woman also engages in the rumor mill around this town and has used my name on several occassions to badmouth me to others, would this be considered slander? could I sue for slander if I have witnesses to her behavior?
    Saying bad things isn't slander. The bad things have to be untrue. You could try to sue, but it is unlikely that you would either win or recover much in damages.

1. Sponsored Links