Default Law on How No Parking Signs Are Posted

My question involves a traffic citation from the state of: California

Over a month ago, I got a parking ticket after spending an long evening helping a friend remodel a bathroom. When I parked, I never noticed any signs. It was dark. The street has No Parking signs posted on each block, but they are on poles which are closer to the house side of the curb, with the sign facing the house, and not the street. They actually posted these signs under trees, so every sign is partially blocked. Since I parked at night, I didn't even see them, since the street was full with few available spots...it's wasn't empty with clear views, as is depicted in the picture I posted....I filed an appeal, and it took almost two months, today I finally got the letter that says I have to pay 102 by December 1st....the ticket was originally 56, and when I called the police department they said it was still under review and investigation, and not worry about the notices until I receive the approval/denial letter....

Default Re: Law on How No Parking Signs Are Posted

Alas there is no "law" on general parking signs. The MUTCD is only advisory and it doesn't talk about parking signs anyhow. The sign doesn't "face the house," it faces traffic.

It's most likely too late to do anything about it if you've already filed the appeal. This is a local thing, so if someone can help you'll have to say what city (or whoever) wrote the ticket.

1. Sponsored Links