Default Probation Violation and Interstate Compact

My question involves criminal law for the state of: New Jersey/Pennsylvania
    Hello, so my boyfriend was on probation in Lancaster county pa but was on interstate compact in New Jersey. He violated and got a new charge in NJ. That was dropped down to just probation that would run concurrent with his pa probation. Lancaster county caught wind on the violation and extradited him back there. He has a hearing on the 20th for that violation.. We are hoping just for a reinstated probation but my question is how likely is it that he will get it reinstated? He has been on probation for 3 years and this is the 1st violation. Also, we are in the middle of moving so we don't have a permanent address in New Jersey right now, but he is able to stay with his brother in PA for the time being. Would we have to go through the whole process of interstate compact again to transfer back to Jersey once the move is complete? Or would it be easy since he has probation here as well??? I'm sorry if this isn't very clear. I'm at work and typing fast!

Default Re: Probation Violation and Interstate Compact

The fact that he caught a new charge and plead guilty to it is not encouraging. The fact he does not currently have roots anywhere is not going to help.

Default Re: Probation Violation and Interstate Compact

Yeah that's true but it sucks because he wasn't even guilty of the charge. He plead guilty because they told him it was his best bet. Ex wife problems there-_- but he has a place to stay in pa.. But that's not something that they will have to know. All they care about is if he has a place to go.. And he does. I just want to know if the transfer will be easy or will it be the whole process again....

- - - Updated - - -

In PA, the new charge is a misdemeanor and wouldnt carry any jail time. Also I know he gets to explain himself to the hearing judge which I believe should help because the circumstances around his arrest and charge are very telling. He is a good guy who is trying to get his life straight after his divorce and still trying to be a good dad. It all stems from that. He spoke to one of the POs at the jail he is at and they told him he should be going home that same day after the hearing. I just want to make sure that there is a true possibility for that. My main concern though is the transfer back to Jersey at a later time.

1. Sponsored Links