Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Can I Be Denied Housing when I Disclose That I Am on SSI

Quote Quoting L-1
    View Post
    I am honored to be included in the ring of villains and humbly accept. In fact, including me in the ban has raised my spirits such that I think should run right out and raise all my tenant's rents.

Release the hounds!

Haha!

So let us follow the OP's train of thought.

Landlords who will not accept anyone who doesn't match the landlord's requirements are legally wrong.

Okay, fine. But let's take OP's "logic" - and I use the term very loosely - and use another example.

OP runs a very prestigious PreK school. He has an appointment with a young Mommy. The first thing he notices is that Mommy is dressed in obviously old and worn clothes. So is little Jamie, but little Jamie is obviously extremely bright and has perhaps has the tools to make him a superstar. . But once Jamie and Mommy leave, OP immediately does a credit check, and it shows that by the numbers Mommy is a bad risk.

5 days later, Mommy received a denial letter from OP. She is naturally upset about this and calls OP to see what happened. OP explains that Mom's finances don't quite match the Pre-K's requirements.

Hmmm. OP is deciding who fits and who doesn't. Sounds familiar, OP?

The bottom line? OP is giving us a clear indication of his nature, his attitude, his childish behavior and his blinkers.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Haha!

(Poster seriously needs mental help. I tried to Google but it kept giving me "metal help" so I ended up buying a load of metal corsets. Some of them are really pretty, but I don't know OP's size...)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey can I bring Mr. Doggie and The Princess Puppy? When we win the lottery we're going to buy Turtle Island. We'll need a pool boy - pretty sure the OP would fit the criteria...
    I don't think you want that level of whatever-it-may-be that close to you.
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

Quote Quoting BooRennie
    View Post
    *snort*

I actually edited - Mr Doggie suggested (between bouts of henna application) a similar situation.

Default Re: Request for Banning of Dogmatique, Disagreeable,cbg, Courtclerk and Mr. Knowitall

I feel slighted....I wasn't included in the ban request.

Default Re: Request for Banning of Dogmatique, Disagreeable,cbg, Courtclerk and Mr. Knowitall

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    You're still not getting it. THINK about the actual words I used. If you're capable of doing so.

You had a sex change overnight? Cool!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Aw but we love you! You are welcome to join our club

Quote Quoting Disagreeable
    View Post
    What did I do?
    You posted to the thread. Don't take it personally. I didn't even post to the thread and I still made it onto the "hit list".

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Quote Quoting BooRennie
    View Post
    I'm nominating you for bannage too. Why? Because I like you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    You posted to the thread. Don't take it personally. I didn't even post to the thread and I still made it onto the "hit list".
    You do realize that that makes you EXTRA special, right? I mean, he thinks of you even when you're not thinking of him. You must tell me what your secret is....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    I'm nominating you for bannage. Why? Because I'm sitting in the office on the day before a holiday and there is only 1 other person here. The coffee is great and I have nothing else to do with my time except figure out who else to ban

You all are wasting readers' time by pretending to engage in the post but, in fact, make provocations unrelated to the post and providing no substance. It's no coincidence that I suffered through the experiences that I tried to relate in the OP with people like you in the world. The two paragraphs were not that long. You're adults. A couple of paragraphs is not as bad as some of the dry and dense text that most attorneys have to read through every day.

I was asking for a professional legal answer based on the rights and responsibilities of both landlord and tenant in PA, not the rights of landlords only. I received nothing but evasion and personal attacks . You all talk to each other like you are friends yet you are literally one illness or injury away from not being able to pay your mortgage or rent yourself. Are your cyber friends going to be there for you? Maybe you could be of real service to people and answer the question I raised using PA Landlord tenant law. That would be refreshing.

And why should I have to answer my own questions? If you know that I am right and continue to conceal it then you should not be posting advice on this forum. This is a law forum not a place to vent your reactionary and petty bourgeois subjective opinions. Not one of you have even cited any statutory laws that protect those paying for rent with legal forms of income, including Section 8 vouchers and Social Security.

Keep avoiding the subject of housing discrimination and continue to attack a legitimate OP and we'll see who gets banned .

Quote Quoting Perther
    View Post
    Are your cyber friends going to be there for you?
    Ignoring the rest of that but: While I am not one of them, I know that there are several people here who have become friends in real life and have been there for each other in difficult times.

Quote Quoting Perther
    View Post
    You all are wasting readers' time by pretending to engage in the post but, in fact, make provocations unrelated to the post and providing no substance. It's no coincidence that I suffered through the experiences that I tried to relate in the OP with people like you in the world. The two paragraphs were not that long. You're adults. A couple of paragraphs is not as bad as some of the dry and dense text that most attorneys have to read through every day.

I was asking for a professional legal answer based on the rights and responsibilities of both landlord and tenant in PA, not the rights of landlords only. I received nothing but evasion and personal attacks . You all talk to each other like you are friends yet you are literally one illness or injury away from not being able to pay your mortgage or rent yourself. Are your cyber friends going to be there for you? Maybe you could be of real service to people and answer the question I raised using PA Landlord tenant law. That would be refreshing.

And why should I have to answer my own questions? If you know that I am right and continue to conceal it then you should not be posting advice on this forum. This is a law forum not a place to vent your reactionary and petty bourgeois subjective opinions. Not one of you have even cited any statutory laws that protect those paying for rent with legal forms of income, including Section 8 vouchers and Social Security.

Keep avoiding the subject of housing discrimination and continue to attack a legitimate OP and we'll see who gets banned .

You are, quite simply, an idiot. I"m being polite - I was a second away from calling you an absolute lunatic who should be strapped to the back of a horse and ridden around for a few days. Months. Oh alright... forever.

You should get down on your knees and thank me. Why? Because this morning, you woke up and didn't have 40 Weeping Angels on your lawn who are also in cahoots with a little gasmasked boy who wants his Mummy....and because I'm so damn kind, I also cancelled The Dalek Orchestra who hitched a ride on the new type of Daleks .. you know, the ones who figured that humans only had a climb the stairs to be protected... oh and Cyberman who were on vaycay.

Does that seem childish? I hope you answer, because it's clear that you can't grasp what we've said and we would be happy to dumb it down a bit.

You are so far from the reality that I expect you to send us a postcard from Uranus.

PS. Do I have to cancel Justin Bieber? He was going to sing you a song about the people here who not only know each other outside of the forum, but are actually real life friends. Fancy that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Ignoring the rest of that but: While I am not one of them, I know that there are several people here who have become friends in real life and have been there for each other in difficult times.
    I wholeheartedly agree. There are several regulars who are friends in real life. Two of us have an agreement that means we have to see each other at least once a year. And while I was hospitalized, she came over from the other side of the country to hold my hand. She kept my husband sane, and even though I was incoherent for much of the time (Dilaudid....oh how I love thee), she was here. There are more of us than you think.

Now I've shared that with you, I feel sad that you haven't been able to experience such a thing. It's pitiful in and of itself. I will pray for you.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast