Default Dealership Won't Honor Warranty

I have a 2014 Kia Optima, I've had it since Oct. 2013. A nut came lose in the trubo. The dealership service center will not repair it even though its under warranty. We did 2 oil changes with them and since did our own as the dealer said we could as long as we kept our receipts. The turbo is an external turbo and has nothing to do with the oil itself. We provided the receipts as requested. Now they say the receipts show no mileage so the car was not maintained. Even if the car was never serviced (which it was) the turbo has nothing to do with the oil. How can they NOT repair the turbo?

Default Re: Dealership Won't Honor Warranty

They will take the position that since the car was not worked on by their highly-trained and knowledgeable grease-monkeys (we don't have a sarcasm smiley so...I'm being sarcastic), that the person who did the work messed something up.

Is it true? I have no way of knowing but I doubt it.

It's the weasel way to try and get out of doing warranty work. I'd get the name for the area rep for KIA and give them a call since the dealership isn't playing nice.

Contact KIA. They might help. Turbo's can be air cooled, oil cooled or water cooled. It appears yours has the 282312G410 turbo which is oil cooled and water cooled.

Check your warranty manual. Does it say something like this:
    Quote Quoting Owner’s Warranty Responsibilities
    As the Kia vehicle owner, you are responsible for the performance of the required maintenance listed in your owner’s manual. Kia recommends that you retain all receipts covering maintenance on your vehicle but Kia cannot deny warranty solely for the lack of receipts or for your failure to ensure the performance of all scheduled maintenance.

The term you should use when talking to KIA is a violation of the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. Advise them you will file a complaint with the Atty General of your state if they do not cover the part.

1. Sponsored Links