Default Abuser Hasn't Followed a Court Order to Pay Medical Bills

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: NEVADA
    I'm divorced and have no contact order with ex due to him abusing me. Judge ordered ex to pay hospital bill $1500.00. He's made no contact to hospital and they are sending it to collections next week. Can I message him somehow? He has ruined my credit and about to do more damage. What do i do?

Default Re: Im Divorced and Have No Contact Order with Ex Due to Him Abusing Me

Is there any chance at all you can pay it? Installments maybe? As things stand, the hospital can legally go after you because they're not party to the divorce decree.

I'd be very hesitant initiating contact if only because of his history. The best option might be to work out payments and then let the court deal with him when you file for contempt.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Being a survivor..this is so important to me healing. I need him to be accountable for something. Can I go to the court and get a message to the judge that he is in default? Can I take him to small claims court?

Why will he be less accountable if you pay the bill to protect your credit and then go after him to reimburse you?

Quote Quoting Daisy2054
    View Post
    Being a survivor..this is so important to me healing. I need him to be accountable for something. Can I go to the court and get a message to the judge that he is in default? Can I take him to small claims court?

No. You would have to file for contempt - otherwise the court cannot act.

Small claims court isn't going to work, either.

And finally, you really don't have anything to sue for until you've settled the debt.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

1. Sponsored Links