Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014

    Default Can You Designate a Resident of Another State as Executor of Your Will

    I Live in: Washington State, Will My Son Who Lives in Oregon Be Allowed As Executor.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014

    Default Re: Can You Designate a Resident of Another State as Executor of Your Will

    Washington state allows nonresidents to serve as personal representative of the estate so long as the personal representative appoints someone in the state (e.g. a lawyer, etc) to accept service of process. See RCW 11.36.010 for the details of persons who are disqualified to serve as personal representatives.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Probate Court Procedure: How Can an Out-of-State State Executor Avoid Posting a Bond
    By DesertDuck in forum Estate Planning, Administration and Probate
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-13-2014, 01:01 PM
  2. Guardianship: How to Designate a Guardian for Your Child in Case of Death or Disability
    By dragon_fly1974 in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 11:25 AM
  3. Custody and Visitation Issues: Why Designate a Custodial Parent With Equal Division of Custody
    By vairox in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 07:01 PM
  4. Civil Procedure Issues: Notice to Designate Email Address
    By Erica in forum Civil Procedure
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 04:38 AM
  5. Speeding Tickets: New Jersey Resident Resident, Out of State Speeding Ticket
    By raphide in forum Moving Violations, Parking and Traffic Tickets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources