Default Gun Rights After Pleading Guilty to Assault, Reduced from Domestic Violence

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Missouri

In August, 2009 I was CHARGED with Domestic Assault 3rd Degree in Missouri. In September, 2009 the charge was reduced to Assault 3rd Degree for a plea bargain which I accepted, and was CONVICTED. This charge carried a maximum of 1 year incarceration, which was suspended and in turn I completed 2 years unsupervised probation. Would I be correct in assuming I am ok to own firearms? Thanks

Default Re: Gun Rights After Pleading Guilty to Assault, Reduced from Domestic Violence

Even if the original charge would have triggered the Lautenberg Amendment, if your conviction charge does not implicate any firearms restrictions then you don't have any restrictions as a result of either the charge or conviction. Some battery charges will trigger the Lautenberg Amendment even if they don't explicitly mention violence against a family member.

1. Sponsored Links