Default Requirement to Pay Reinstatement Fees for a Driver's License After a Revocation

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Michigan. I recently went to the Secretary of State to get my license reinstated after 4 years. I paid all my tickets and have the clearances but I was informed I had driver's responsibility fees. I can make payment arrangements for that but I was also told after paying $125 reinstatement fee, I would have to start all over with a written and road test. Those tests will cost the same as the reinstatement fees. Why do I have to pay reinstatement fees if my license isn't being reinstated and I have to pay to retake both tests?

Default Re: Requirement to Pay Reinstatement Fees for a Driver's License After a Revocation

Michigan law requires the fee, MCL 257.320e. Waiver is only possible "if the license was suspended or restricted because of the person's mental or physical infirmity or disability".

1. Sponsored Links