Default Should I Record a Trust Document

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: CA
    I have the ownership title to our condo property recorded in the name of my mother's revocable living trust. She is the grantor and trustee of the trust; and at the moment, she is still living but that could change at any moment. I anticipate problems from a domineering, impulsive sister. Of course, my sister is aware of the trust document; I am the successor trustee, and she was given a copy of the trust document years ago. All siblings are aware of the trust document. Should I record the trust document at the county recorder?

Default Re: Should I Record the Trust Document

Trusts are private contracts and don't need to be recorded in order to be enforced.

You make it public record when you record it and that's not a good idea and kind of defeats the purpose of a trust.

However, if you do want to record it you will need the ORIGINAL.

Once you have the original, keep it in your possession.

1. Sponsored Links