Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Can a Security Guard Refuse a Package Delivery

My question involves a condominium located in the State of:Hawaii
    the security guard has informed all other security guards to NOT accept our packages, wrong address, not listed, don't exist...is this illegal? can she just decide if she don't like someone she can do whatever she wants and reject packages>?

Default Re: The Security Guard Had Rejected Our Package Deliveries Twice, is That Illegal

And you've reported this to who?

With what result?

Default Re: The Security Guard Had Rejected Our Package Deliveries Twice, is That Illegal

That is why you pay your condo association dues. Let them handle it.

the result is the general manager won't respond, the one rejecting our package, she threatened she would make things hard if we try contact gm again, she sure is, we then was emailed by a law firm of the agency of the condo, at first they sounded sincere and helped, but we then asked for other citations n pics they have on us and sent them the copy of the two letters found at our door. can i upload them? they are not signed but the closing states her rank and name, that was earlier today this morning, no response, and still no response. the last thing they said was do not talk to any of the staff, nor management, or security, no one but the firm. Hopefully they are busy investigating., and we need some help. there is a lot more to this too. its been over a period of total 9 months, since the letter 2 months. my bf is ready to snap! she can't get away with this and continue to be a guard of that rank. Unacceptable! Unethical!

- - - Updated - - -

we have been all with no response so far. no answer to how and why she can do this. She no stop. there is more too.

Do you care to explain this?

asked for other citations n pics they have on us and sent them the copy of the two letters found at our door
    If refusing your packages is in retaliation for something you have done, a violation of the condo rules should have no legal impact on getting your mail and packages delivered.

If packages delivered by USPS have been refused, I would report that the postmaster in your jurisdiction. I suspect that would be a crime to mess with the US mail. Send yourself a package through the USPS and see what happens.

18 U.S. Code 1701 - Obstruction of mails generally
    Whoever knowingly and willfully obstructs or retards the passage of the mail, or any carrier or conveyance carrying the mail, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.
    Section 1702 of the Federal Criminal Code and Rules, Title 18 - U.S. Code: "Whoever takes any letter, postal card or package out of any post office or any authorized depository for mail matter, or from authorized letter or mail carrier, or which has been in any post office or authorized depository, or in the custody of any letter or mail carrier, before it has been delivered to the person to whom it was directed, with designs to obstruct the correspondence, or to pry into the business or secrets of another, or opens, secretes, embezzles, or destroys same, shall be fined not more than $2,000 or imprisoned not more than five (5) years, or both."

It's not a crime to refuse a delivery by the USPS. The package remains with the USPS and can be picked up at the post office.

I'm curious as to whether this started with a package that was accepted by a security guard, then was reported by the OP to have disappeared from wherever packages are stored pending their being picked up by the condo owner.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    It's not a crime to refuse a delivery by the USPS. The package remains with the USPS and can be picked up at the post office.
    It may not be a crime for the addressee to refuse delivery, however---

If the package is correctly addressed and an employee of the USPS tries to deliver it and an employee of the HOA says, "there is no such address", when it is a correct address, I think that is interfering with the delivery of the mail. I might think differently if a notice was placed in the mailbox of the resident that the package was awaiting pick-up at the post office. But that does not appear to be the case.

18 U.S. Code 1701 - Obstruction of mails generally
    Whoever knowingly and willfully obstructs or retards the passage of the mail, or any carrier or conveyance carrying the mail, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

I don't think we need to be getting into scenarios in which a security guard somehow tricks a USPS employee into believing that the numbers on a development's buildings and condo units are wrong, such that mail is not delivered. ("These aren't the condos you're looking for....") We've had no indication that this involves anything but packages.

The USPS delivers packages.

Congratulations on figuring that out.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast