Exclamation Contesting a Speeding Ticket in Washington State

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington

Hello everyone. So, I've had a history of tickets in the past, but I haven't received one since 2008. I now have a job that requires me to keep a good driving record and drive a company vehicle - I haven't told them yet. Here's where I'm at currently and I want to be a descriptive as possible in what happened.

Last week I was going down 97 near Goldendale. The speed limit in the area changes between 60-65. I wasn't paying attention to my speedometer or speed signs in the area. I was going around a corner and he was heading in the opposite direction than me. After passing me, he turned around and got behind me. I pulled over right away. He didn't give me his name or tell me if I was being recorded or not and he didn't ask if I knew why I was stopped, but rather if I knew the speed in the area to which I said I wasn't sure (meaning in that particular section of roadway, not the highway itself). After he told me it was 60, I did say (out of nervousness) "I know I was going a little fast" but didn't actually admit to the speeding itself. He went back to his car, wrote the ticket (RCW 46.61.400 - 65 in a 60, actual 73) and off I went.

Now, here I sit, not having sent the ticket off yet (still within the 15 day period), wondering if I can contest this and not be in a bad place with my job.

I just want to check somethings before I go ahead with this. The address on my license is what he put on the ticket. This is not my current address, but I have updated my address through the DOL. Does this have any affect on anything?

If more detail is needed or more information, I'll be happy to give what I can.

Default Re: Contesting a Speeding Ticket in Washington State

Why not defer it?

I was unaware of this as an option. How would one go about doing this? I mean, which box to check and whatnot?

Read through this thread. It should answer most of your questions.

1. Sponsored Links