Question Can You Annul a Marriage if Your Spouse Lied on the Marriage License Application

My question involves a marriage in the state of: Pennsylvania

I am a US citizen & my wife is from Ghana. We married 11/2011, after which she told me that she had had an additional marriage in the state of New York. She failed to provide that info on the form when we applied for our marriage license in Montgomery County. The marriage has been an absolute nightmare. I now know the only reason she married me was to get citizenship for both herself and her daughter, who is a German citizen. We filed USCIS Form I-751 back in June. No answer has been received yet. Can I get this marriage annulled since she lied on the marriage license form? Thanks...

Default Re: Can You Annul a Marraige if Your Spouse Lied on the Marriage License Application

What do you mean, "Additional marriage"? Are you telling us that at the time of your marriage, your wife was still married to somebody else, or are you telling us that she had a prior divorce that you didn't know about? If the latter, are you taking the position that you would not have married her if you knew she had a prior divorce? When did you first learn of the prior divorce?

Default Re: Can You Annul a Marraige if Your Spouse Lied on the Marriage License Application

Notification she lied on her immigration form can cause her to be denied citizenship as it could be deemed she was entering into marriages in an attempt to gain citizenship and not in good faith. This would be for them to determine at her hearing.

She had a prior divorce that I didn't know about until six months after the wedding. Obviously, the County we live in didn't know either. Not sure if I would have married her knowing I would be her third husband. Also, I found out that she tried to use #2 to get her citizenship, but he had more sense than me and didn't show up a number of times for the interview with immigration to get the procedure rolling!

Default Re: Can You Annul a Marriage if Your Spouse Lied on the Marriage License Application

Quote Quoting incrisisneedhelp
    View Post
    We filed USCIS Form I-751 back in June. No answer has been received yet.
    can you withdraw this form?

Default Re: Can You Annul a Marriage if Your Spouse Lied on the Marriage License Application

​No, it's already in the system...

1. Sponsored Links