Default DUI Ignition Interlock Requirements When Licensed in a Different State

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Missouri

I had forgotten that I had gotten a DUI 21 years ago in the state of Missouri, I have lived in the state of Indiana and have had a valid drivers license ever since, I just recently moved to the state of GA and went to get my license and couldn't because they said I had a suspension in MO, I called MO and they said I have to pay a fee, attend classes and get an Ignition Interlock on my car! I'm ok with the fee and the classes, but since this is a 21 year old case, can they still make me get an Ignition Interlock? Would they even have had those back then? I'm pretty sure I attended the DUI classes but I can't find the paperwork, who keeps it that long and they don't have a record of it from back then, everything was paper. My current job requires my license and I don't have the time or finances to pay all of this, anything I can do? Thanks!

Default Re: 21 Year Old Dui--Ignition Interlock Requirement

Appears that you have a choice.

Comply no matter what it costs or you don't get your license.

Or hire an attorney that will cost you a thousand or two with no guarantee that you still won't have to comply.

1. Sponsored Links