Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Why Tell Somebody the Law if It Doesn't Help Them

Open Letter to et alia;

Thank you so much for your opinions.

Unfortunately for me, I came to this web-site to seek actual legal advice to perhaps put to use in a potential defense.

As I recall, defending myself in court is still one of my/our God given rights as a U.S. Citizen(s).

I am sure all of you would agree with that, yes?

Therefore, since we are all in agreement, we can further agree that seeking an avenue which perhaps may lead to being found "Not Guilty" is not the same as proclaiming here, or anywhere, innocence. Even under the colour of successfully being found "Not Guilty".

Isn't this a fundamental premise of the adversarial system of jurisprudence, guaranteed by our Constitution, and further supported by our Bill of Rights, by which we all live in this country? The right to mount a potentially successful defense is not only bestowed upon citizens whose legal circumstances we each may find ourselves in accordance with; It is also a right for those with whom we may strongly disagree. And what seems to be reflected in the responses here, is many of you deem me guilty and without any plausible defense whatsoever.

The name of the site is in fact ExpertLaw.com and appeared as a topmost choice via GOOGLE for those seeking actual legal advice .

So far as I can tell, I have received much opinion. Much of it benignly snarky, leaning towards condemnatory.

However, to date no actual legal advice has been offered that might be interpreted as even slightly assistive along the lines of my original inquiry.

As I just stated, everyone in this country has the right to mount a reasonable defense in any legal proceeding in which they may find themselves, as a citizen of this country. Therefore, again I request of any reader actually in possession of the right to use JD after their name, please respond with any useable legal references or counsel, which may actually assist in assembling a potential reasonable defense.

After all, absent the JD in your title, whatever it may be, and I am not saying anything negative about your title in any way, nevertheless, there is nothing “ExpertLaw” in anything you may have to say without it. At best, while what you may say you may also strongly believe, granted. However, alas, it carries no weight.

Opinions, while they are entertaining, and on occasion even amusing, they offer nothing useful in the development of a reasonable defense. And I came here to seek useful legal information with which to perhaps exercise my legal right to reasonably defend myself.

And before those of you predisposed to writing something snarky and/or nasty in response, in order to blow me off, please consider ... no really, allow for the possibility in which you may one day find yourself in an unexpected legal predicament, and for which you may want to explore the defense of, needing helpful and useful advice.

Hey, it could happen .

Think about it for a second, if you were, and hopefully you won't, but if you were ... and you came here seeking real advice ... would you want to hear from you in the same way I have heard from you?

A case in point: Trayvon Martin.

I knew that would get your attention. Irrespective of the side you chose to be on in that one ... no fibbing here, we all picked a side to be on in that one, and yes, you did too ... did Mr. George Zimmerman have a right to a reasonable defense, or not?

Damn right he did!

And in my case, so do I. There are no comparisons to be made between the two, no, that is not what I am suggesting here.

To press the point, I am saying each of us has the right to defend ourselves if and when the situation presents itself. Therefore each of us has a reasonable and legitimate need for competent and reliable legal advice, devoid of personal opinion on the part of those whose advice is sought, that lends itself towards the efforts of the one seeking to develop and mount a reasonable defense.

If one puts oneself in the position of offering legal advice to those seeking such, logically, such advice must be aligned with the principle of being the best advice available, which may assist with a successful defense, hopefully resulting in a verdict of Not Guilty. By its nature, the idea of offering legal advice is ethically and morally bound to a assisting with a successful defense, hopefully resulting in a verdict of Not Guilty. Distinctly different from “Innocent”.

There is no other reason on this earth to offer "legal advice". Anything less than that is to assist with the prosecution, its polar opposite.

Each response to my original posting here, has essentially suggested that I just lie down and die, figuratively & legally speaking. That is advice a prosecutor would offer. Naturally, because that is what prosecutor's do. If that is the position you are predisposed towards, why are you registered at this site. This is a site that is allegedly offering "legal advice".

Legal advice is neither glib, nor snarky ... ever!

Could it be because you don't actually possess any viable, demonstrable knowledge of the law, which could be put towards the creation of a successful defense? Instead, you tell those asking they have no chance, take the conviction and pay the fine. And if you say it aggressively enough so that you sound as though you seem to really know what you are talking about, as in “end of discussion”, you win by having them, if they are foolish enough to listen to you, take the loss.

Because it’s easier than admitting you have nothing to say that could help, simply because you do not know? And I would assert you have not yet learned there is no dishonor in saying “I don’t know” when you really don’t know!

I don't know, I am surmising here. I do not know any of you. But sitting there behind the anonymity of your keyboard, telling me I have no chance, "just give it up, you're guilty, end of story". That is not legal advice.

I am guessing that some of you work @ local banks, grocery stores, community colleges, hospitals, mutual funds, television stations & pizza shops, who knows. What is apparent, however, is that among you, not one will turn out to be an actual, living, breathing, practicing attorney, with a legal JD behind your names.

Not a single response has been written bearing witness to a practiced command of legal concepts; not one of you have shown any genuine familiarity with the law as an educational pursuit; not one of you has demonstrated any ability whatsoever to dispense with any legitimate legal defense advice that wouldn’t be retrieved from a weekend planted on the sofa watching reruns of Law & Order, or a few hours on GOOGLE.

Further, to one degree or another, it has mostly been knee-jerk, condescending, demeaning, condemning, accusatory and worst of all, just plain snarky.

Since when is legal advice dispensed in those flavours?

But you are all very, very passionate in your guarantees that there is no way out for me. I should just go buy a rope and hang myself in the closet, again, figuratively speaking.

You should notice that if you are here to actually assist other people with legitimate legal advice, and be assistive with your input, it's not working. It's just not working. The timbre of the “advice” you are handing out here, generally speaking, resonates more with the voices heard on the likes of DISQUS, not a legal advice site. Really.

p.s. To Mr. Knowitall; none of this has anything to do with your response or query.

Again, Thank you.

Default Re: Defenses to Hitting the Car in Front of Yours

So your advise is all legal sites be shut down and a rubber stamp disclaimer be posted on all of them saying "Exercise your right to remain silent, obtain legal council and plead not guilty making the state prove their case"?

Sorry you did not receive the support you would have from your friends on Facebook.

Quote Quoting mgbjay
    View Post

As I just stated, everyone in this country has the right to mount a reasonable defense in any legal proceeding in which they may find themselves, as a citizen of this country. Therefore, again I request of any reader actually in possession of the right to use JD after their name, please respond with any useable legal references or counsel, which may actually assist in assembling a potential reasonable defense.

After all, absent the JD in your title, whatever it may be, and I am not saying anything negative about your title in any way, nevertheless, there is nothing “ExpertLaw” in anything you may have to say without it. At best, while what you may say you may also strongly believe, granted. However, alas, it carries no weight.
    If you want advice from a lawyer pay one.

Quote Quoting mgbjay
    View Post
    I am guessing that some of you work @ local banks, grocery stores, community colleges, hospitals, mutual funds, television stations & pizza shops, who knows. What is apparent, however, is that among you, not one will turn out to be an actual, living, breathing, practicing attorney, with a legal JD behind your names.
    Every one here is a volunteer. You are right, we come from all walks of life. We all draw from different experience, and we all help here because we enjoy it. No one is paid for what we do here, and no one is paying for the advice they get. If you don't like it you are free to hop in your car (with its smashed up front end) and head on over to an attorney, at least they will be watching the money roll in while they listen to the pile of nonsense you post.

Quote Quoting mgbjay
    View Post
    Again, Thank you.
    You are welcome.

I expected some form of actually helpful replies.

Definition of helpful reply - one that rubber-stamps my theory that I was in no way at fault and guarantees that I will not be held responsible for anything.

Mr. cbg ...

I beg to differ sir. However, your ill thought and poorly expressed response reflects the recurring and most common mentality of many of recent respondents.

To clarify: my original request was for legal information that "might" be assistive with the development of a reasonable defense, which as I stated earlier, is a Constitutionally guaranteed right to all citizens of this country ...

... "the United States Supreme Court has cited Acts of the Apostles 25:16, which reports the Roman governor Porcius Festus, discussing the proper treatment of his prisoner Paul: "It is not the manner of the Romans to deliver any man up to die before the accused has met his accusers face-to-face, and has been given a chance to defend himself against the charges."

If you sir, have a problem with the either the premise of the United States Supreme Court, or my original request, I suggest you ask for clarification before damnation.

to wit: I have never asked for direct judgement or condemnation. Again, as stated earlier, I am considering the possibility of mounting my legally and Constitutionally guaranteed right of self defense.

Is that not the suggested intention offered here, implied by the name of this web-site, i.e., "ExpertLaw.com"?

Are you really of the opinion that your response to my original query reflects in any way, the intention of the web-site?

Really?

By any stretch of the imagination, in specifically which way does anything you offered here, assist me with developing a credible and legal defense in a court of law, again, which is my right to exercise?

Have you the ability to genuinely respond with anything that may be assistive in doing so?

If it is not legal advice you respond with, lending itself to the formulation of a reasonable defense, which is what literally constitutes my original request, you either totally disregard me as a person in need of legitimate legal advice, which by definition is condescending, or, you lack the ability to comprehend a question posed in what I assume to be your native language.

In either case, it will not be what anyone requesting "advice" @ this site is seeking!

To quote the late Robin Williams, ""If we're going to fight a disease, let's fight one of the most terrible diseases of all — indifference."

So far my experience at this web-site reflects that "most terrible disease of all - indifference".

In fact, sadly, it appears to be its stock in trade ...

... and you Mr. cbg, are its most current exemplar.

Default Re: 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, Boom What Direction Might I Reasonably Pursue

I'll make it easy for you to understand. Your defense has no real defense. Perhaps you should consult a witch doctor to conjure up the appearance of mystical beings in the head of the lead cars driver so he will appear nuts.

Default Re: 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, Boom What Direction Might I Reasonably Pursue

You are such a gold mine of legal information.

There is no real advice available here.

Clearly, constitutionally guaranteed rights to present a reasonable defense escape the purview of your IQ.

As an unpaid volunteer, you are receiving your actual value for your services.

Say good-night Gracie.

No insult to Gracie intended.

- - - Updated - - -

... and by the way, it'd be "car's" not "cars".

Quote Quoting mgbjay
    View Post

There is no real advice available here.

Clearly, constitutionally guaranteed rights to present a reasonable defense escape the purview of your IQ.

As an unpaid volunteer, you are receiving your actual value for your services.

Say good-night Gracie.
    After reading your diatribes it's clear to me that there's probably no sense in continuing this discussion but I'll take one more shot at getting through to you.

I have a college degree in insurance, 35 years in the insurance industry, the last 9 years of which was as a claims adjuster.

When I tell you that you are at fault and have no defense that's the equivalent of God telling you that you are at fault and have no defense.

If you are not happy with my comment you have the inalienable constitutional right to hand your money over to a lawyer and get a paid opinion.

Now read the Ayn Rand quotation below and move along.

Good night Gracie.

I like Ayn Rand. Maybe this is John Gault we are talking to.

So now you are equating your self and your mis-guided "advice" to God.

THAT speaks volumes!

And just for the sake of conciseness, God, its unalienable, not "inalienable".

Beyond that, I never requested your opinion, I requested "useful legal advice, applied to the potential development of a reasonable defense".

You apparently insist on conflating one upon the other, further demonstrating your inability to distinguish that which I requested from that which you continue to proffer.

As I mentioned earlier, you do not have JD after your name, therefore any "legal" advice you suggest, is inherently unqualified and therefore useless as factual "legal advice".

Your lack of such, God, makes your position untenable, indefensible, and irrespective of your suggested "bona-fides", therefore useless.

In other words, you lack provenance in matters of legal consequence, reducing anything you have to say to opinion at best.

And again, I never requested your opinion, which is after all, all you are qualified to offer.

Legal advice on the other hand is not something you have the legitimate or credible ability to dispense.

Even if you are God!

Still, flawed as your premise remains, I expect you will argue the point.

Willful ignorance dies hard.

And you have not the opportunity to turn that around against me, due to the fact that I claimed ignorance from the very beginning, by virtue of my initial query.

I came here seeking useful legal advice with which to consider developing a reasonable defense, which I maintain, and again, is guaranteed Constitutionally under even the most adverse circumstances, is my right.

You responded with opinion. Neither is related to the other.

With skillful deference God, the defense rests.

Its been fun. Thanks.

p.s. Nothing I have written heretofore, could in any way be interpreted by any reasonable witness, a "diatribe". Your stating such is a willful mis-characterization. Alas, we have arrived at the core of your entire premise.

It seems that I remember an old quote that fits right here, hmmm, lemmee see, how did it go ...ahh yes, I remember now, here it is ...

... "You can avoid reality but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Rand

partie terminée!

- - - Updated - - -

... it occurs that this fits perhaps even better,

"Hoist with his own petard" - Hamlet Act 3, scene 4, 202–209

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast