Question Do Unemployment Benefits Stop if an Employer Appeals

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: NY

Hello all -- NEW YORK STATE Claimant

As some here may know, after a 3 week hold on my benefits because my employer contested my claim, I was found ELIGIBLE by an Examiner for Good Cause Quit yesterday, and 3 weeks of benefits paid in today. I am very relieved, but know that they may appeal this -- if they do, I certainly have my case air-tight prepared (as I did for the Examiner) -- but want to know will benefits again be put on hold, or not this time, because it would have to be an actual APPEAL (vs the initial protest) ? Again, the Examiner reviewed all documents on both sides and found me eligible.

It is my understanding that once found eligible by the Dept of Labor in NYS or an Examiner at review, you receive benefits until and if that decision is reversed by an ALJ -- but I want to confirm this. Thank you :-)

Default Re: Do Unemployment Benefits Stop if an Employer Appeals

The short answer is, given the constraints imposed on states by 42 USC Sec. 503, unemployment payments to an employee will normally be protected while an employer's appeal is pending.

Default Re: Do Unemployment Benefits Stop if an Employer Appeals

Thank you Mr Knowitall !!!

1. Sponsored Links